In episode #536, Eric and Neil discuss the one major marketing hack that professional marketers don’t want to share. Tune in to hear why “urgency” is key to making vital sales.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Killer Conversion Hack that Marketers Don’t Really Want to Share
- [00:37] The killer conversion hack is urgency.
- [00:48] Neil thinks that 50% of his sales came from urgency.
- [01:00] Eric was taken in by a limited-time sale on Bonobos, so he knows that urgency is effective.
- [01:45] It has to be true scarcity or urgency to convince people to buy. If you do it too often, it’s like crying wolf.
- [02:20] For people who don’t complete the purchase, you can remarket all of those people with a video ad on YouTube and Facebook
- [03:35] The urgency you are establishing could be based on rising price (limited time discount offer), instead of scarcity.
- [04:01] Put countdown clocks within your emails to your list.
- [04:39] A ton of traffic still comes in after the offer expires. Make sure to adjust your landing page to reflect this, but offer them a head’s up about the next sale if they give their contact information.
- [05:07] Look at the Jeff Walker Launch Sequence for reference.
- [05:30] Send multiple emails on the day before the sale ends or even on the final day.
- [06:11] Eric launched a product using urgency: it wasn’t based on expiration, but a one-time lower price offer.
- [07:03] That’s it for today!
- [07:13] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....