In episode #536, Eric and Neil discuss the one major marketing hack that professional marketers don’t want to share. Tune in to hear why “urgency” is key to making vital sales.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Killer Conversion Hack that Marketers Don’t Really Want to Share
- [00:37] The killer conversion hack is urgency.
- [00:48] Neil thinks that 50% of his sales came from urgency.
- [01:00] Eric was taken in by a limited-time sale on Bonobos, so he knows that urgency is effective.
- [01:45] It has to be true scarcity or urgency to convince people to buy. If you do it too often, it’s like crying wolf.
- [02:20] For people who don’t complete the purchase, you can remarket all of those people with a video ad on YouTube and Facebook
- [03:35] The urgency you are establishing could be based on rising price (limited time discount offer), instead of scarcity.
- [04:01] Put countdown clocks within your emails to your list.
- [04:39] A ton of traffic still comes in after the offer expires. Make sure to adjust your landing page to reflect this, but offer them a head’s up about the next sale if they give their contact information.
- [05:07] Look at the Jeff Walker Launch Sequence for reference.
- [05:30] Send multiple emails on the day before the sale ends or even on the final day.
- [06:11] Eric launched a product using urgency: it wasn’t based on expiration, but a one-time lower price offer.
- [07:03] That’s it for today!
- [07:13] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1899, Neil and Eric talk about 3 Reasons You Don’t Want to Be the Smartest Marketer. While it might feel good to be the smartest marketer in the room, you’re actually putting yourself ...
In episode #1898, Neil and Eric talk about What to Do When You Lose Your Rankings. There are a bunch of reasons why your rankings may take a hit. Sometimes your content has started to decay or in othe...
In episode #1897, Neil and Eric talk about How to Grow Your YouTube Channel Like They Are. Growing a YoutTube channel isn’t always straightforward. You might be gaining views and followers, and then...