In episode #745, Eric and Neil discuss the “land and expand” content marketing strategy. Tune in to learn about this method and how to apply it to your site.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Land and Expand Content Marketing Strategy
- [01:05] Eric and Neil have a domain for this podcast, but they haven’t been paying much attention to it.
- [01:55] Over the last seven days, they have gotten over 1000 visitors. This means they get about 6000 visitors per month.
- [02:12] They are planning to expand the content to see if it positively affects their traffic.
- [02:30] If you take all the pages you have and just add more content, you are wasting your time; look at which page gets the most traffic and expand upon it.
- [03:18] Use AHREFS and see how your keywords are ranking.
- [03:20] If the keywords drive 500-1000 visits per month, go ahead and expand. Otherwise, ignore that page or those keywords.
- [03:45] Within 30 days you may see an increase in traffic, but never more than double your current traffic.
- [04:42] That’s all for today!
- [04:45] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1512, you’ll hear about seven tools you can use to grow your SaaS company from us. Whether you’re working B2B or B2C, having the best tools for note-taking, A/B testing, decreasing chu...
In this special episode of Marketing School we speak to the 'traffic guy', John Parkes, who is CMO of ClickFunnels! At Marketing School we are big fans of the company and their amazing co-founder, Rus...