In episode #745, Eric and Neil discuss the “land and expand” content marketing strategy. Tune in to learn about this method and how to apply it to your site.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Land and Expand Content Marketing Strategy
- [01:05] Eric and Neil have a domain for this podcast, but they haven’t been paying much attention to it.
- [01:55] Over the last seven days, they have gotten over 1000 visitors. This means they get about 6000 visitors per month.
- [02:12] They are planning to expand the content to see if it positively affects their traffic.
- [02:30] If you take all the pages you have and just add more content, you are wasting your time; look at which page gets the most traffic and expand upon it.
- [03:18] Use AHREFS and see how your keywords are ranking.
- [03:20] If the keywords drive 500-1000 visits per month, go ahead and expand. Otherwise, ignore that page or those keywords.
- [03:45] Within 30 days you may see an increase in traffic, but never more than double your current traffic.
- [04:42] That’s all for today!
- [04:45] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1933, Neil and Eric talk about whether your business should have a phone number listed. Having a phone number listed may seem outdated, but testing has shown that simply listing a phone nu...
In episode #1932, Neil and Eric talk about the economics of buying another business versus building. When you’re deciding whether or not to buy a business, the number one question you should ask you...
In episode #1931, Neil and Eric talk about how to profit off your blog without selling out. If you pivot from your original content in order to sell something, there’s a good chance you’ll feel li...