In episode #2179, we talk about the tidal wave of layoffs that has already begun. Looking to Michael Burry for some direction, we can see the signs of a recession, and no matter your personal experience of the current economic climate, we are all noticing the downturns in the markets, and the high rates of inflation. Tune in to hear about how this affects us as marketers!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:23] Today’s topic: The Layoff Tidal Wave Has Started.
- [00:30] Why market downturns are so closely related to layoffs.
- [00:49] What Michael Burry has said about the near future!
- [01:20] A few stats from around the world right now about staff cuts.
- [01:47] What marketers should be thinking about during a recession.
- [02:47] Why these layoffs have been a long time coming for many companies.
- [03:06] Examples of the heavy inflation we have been seeing.
- [03:28] Making the most of the opportunities of a recession.
- [04:00] That’s it for today!
- [04:01] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io/live to apply for our live event!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
- Michael Burry
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...
Neil and Eric talk about what you can learn from American football coach Deion Sanders on brand building and influencer marketing TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...