In episode #1791, we talk about what makes NFTs interesting from a marketing standpoint and why Eric likes to collect Cryptopunks. NFTs are here to stay because they have enabled the digitization of scarcity. Scarcity is interesting to marketers because it creates demand and the chances are high that scarce things will go up in value over time!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Marketing Behind Cryptopunks (And Why Eric Buys Them).
- [00:47] Scarcity, authenticity, and the value proposition of NFTs.
- [02:04] Jumping in on a price dip in a technology that is here to stay.
- [03:09] Being ready to accept that the value might drop to zero.
- [04:32] What makes coins like Bitcoin and Dogecoin appealing.
- [05:15] That is it for today!
- [05:16] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn about our virtual and live peer groups.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...