In episode #1130, we discuss what makes a successful marketer. Tune in to hear the traits of the most successful marketers in the business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s Topic: What Makes a Successful Marketer
- [00:30] Eric thinks the most successful marketers are entrepreneurial.
- [00:39] They get things done and figure out things on their own.
- [00:49] Neil thinks the most successful marketers for large corporations tend to be very data-oriented.
- [00:58] The best marketers for smaller companies tend to be creative and scrappy, because they have fewer resources.
- [01:54] Neil looks for go-getter’s with good ideas.
- [02:17] Eric also wants someone who can figure things out on their own.
- [02:55] The more successful people take on more and create less work for others.
- [03:41] It’s important to have someone who creates great processes.
- [04:10] David Kim from HubSpot started out as an intern and was a quick learner.
- [04:46] That’s it for today!
- [04:51] Go to Marketing School to check out a video that will help you grow your business and to sign up for our live Mastermind.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1201, we talk about how Eric Siu gets ahead of his competitors! From attending events and going to bed early, Eric has a bunch of helpful tips and possible jumpstarts for you and your busi...
In episode #1200, we talk about how Neil Patel gets ahead of his competitors! From working in the holidays, allowing small amounts of downtime, and mapping out partnerships, Neil has some great strate...
In episode #1199, we talk about a few books that can help you and your brand in 2020! We share some choices that deal with customers, coaching, ambition and more, while also considering the benefits o...