In episode #1130, we discuss what makes a successful marketer. Tune in to hear the traits of the most successful marketers in the business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s Topic: What Makes a Successful Marketer
- [00:30] Eric thinks the most successful marketers are entrepreneurial.
- [00:39] They get things done and figure out things on their own.
- [00:49] Neil thinks the most successful marketers for large corporations tend to be very data-oriented.
- [00:58] The best marketers for smaller companies tend to be creative and scrappy, because they have fewer resources.
- [01:54] Neil looks for go-getter’s with good ideas.
- [02:17] Eric also wants someone who can figure things out on their own.
- [02:55] The more successful people take on more and create less work for others.
- [03:41] It’s important to have someone who creates great processes.
- [04:10] David Kim from HubSpot started out as an intern and was a quick learner.
- [04:46] That’s it for today!
- [04:51] Go to Marketing School to check out a video that will help you grow your business and to sign up for our live Mastermind.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...