In episode #573, Eric and Neil explain why you can’t count on standardized techniques to grow your business. Tune in to hear why success is a numbers game.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The One Thing That No Marketer Is Going to Tell You
- [00:35] The best tactics are not what’s in marketers’ podcasts and blogs.
- [01:10] Marketers will not share their number one “thing”.
- [01:40] Marketers won’t necessarily know how to grow your business; their tactics will be standardized.
- [02:19] Facebook was naturally awesome, your product may not be that good.
- [02:30] Even the best marketers may not know how to solve your growth issues.
- [02:50] It’s all experimentation and it’s a numbers game.
- [03:37] Marketers will steal each other’s tactics and try to use them, even though they may not work for their specific problem.
- [04:08] Make sure you have a system of process to follow when experimenting.
- [04:29] Don’t expect the world from marketers: what worked in the past, won’t work today; what worked for one business may not work for another.
- [05:22] That’s it for today!
- [05:25] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...