In episode #865, we discuss the one thing you have to do before you start doing SEO. Tune in to hear what your first step should be.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The One Thing You Have to Do Before You Start Doing SEO
- [00:36] Look up your competitors in Ahrefs or SEMRush.
- [00:44] These tools will show you their most popular pages, the terms for which those pages rank, their positions, and total traffic value.
- [01:02] This information will help you determine what you should target.
- [01:45] Once you find one competitor, you can find others using the above listed tools.
- [02:10] When you are looking at information on Ahrefs, you can see the content gap. The content gap is the content that your competitors are covering that you are not.
- [02:36] Use the Keyword Difficulty Tool to see how hard it would be to rank for a given topic.
- [02:50] BuzzSumo will give you an idea of competitors’ social shares.
- [03:10] That’s it for today!
- [03:25] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: