In episode #865, we discuss the one thing you have to do before you start doing SEO. Tune in to hear what your first step should be.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The One Thing You Have to Do Before You Start Doing SEO
- [00:36] Look up your competitors in Ahrefs or SEMRush.
- [00:44] These tools will show you their most popular pages, the terms for which those pages rank, their positions, and total traffic value.
- [01:02] This information will help you determine what you should target.
- [01:45] Once you find one competitor, you can find others using the above listed tools.
- [02:10] When you are looking at information on Ahrefs, you can see the content gap. The content gap is the content that your competitors are covering that you are not.
- [02:36] Use the Keyword Difficulty Tool to see how hard it would be to rank for a given topic.
- [02:50] BuzzSumo will give you an idea of competitors’ social shares.
- [03:10] That’s it for today!
- [03:25] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...