In episode #865, we discuss the one thing you have to do before you start doing SEO. Tune in to hear what your first step should be.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The One Thing You Have to Do Before You Start Doing SEO
- [00:36] Look up your competitors in Ahrefs or SEMRush.
- [00:44] These tools will show you their most popular pages, the terms for which those pages rank, their positions, and total traffic value.
- [01:02] This information will help you determine what you should target.
- [01:45] Once you find one competitor, you can find others using the above listed tools.
- [02:10] When you are looking at information on Ahrefs, you can see the content gap. The content gap is the content that your competitors are covering that you are not.
- [02:36] Use the Keyword Difficulty Tool to see how hard it would be to rank for a given topic.
- [02:50] BuzzSumo will give you an idea of competitors’ social shares.
- [03:10] That’s it for today!
- [03:25] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2229, Neil and Eric talk about seven split tests you won’t regret running. One of the most reliable ways to determine effective marketing methods is by running split tests. Tune in to le...
In episode #2228, Neil and Eric talk about why rising interest rates will make marketing more affordable. Warren Buffet famously said, “be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are ...
In episode #2227, Neil and Eric talk about why the easiest way to go broke is by acting rich. When you’re making hundreds and thousands of dollars, it can be tempting to splurge your cash on non-ess...