In episode #1685, we talk about the paradox of expert versus beginner content. Drawing inspiration from Rand Fishkin’s article on the topic, Neil and Eric share their thoughts, what they have experienced, and make the case for producing a mix of content. Be sure to tune in to hear it all!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Paradox of Expert Vs. Beginner Content.
- [00:40] The idea behind Rand Fishkin’s article that inspired this episode.
- [00:56] Differences between beginner and expert content.
- [01:20] There are different levels of amplification based on different content.
- [01:38] What Neil has noticed about beginner versus expert content and what his team has done about it.
- [02:14] Content either gets backlinks and social shares or search traffic, not usually all three.
- [02:28] The type of content that sits at the beginner-expert nexus.
- [03:22] Expert content takes time to produce but people will want to share it.
- [03:43] The type of content you produce depends on so many factors.
- [03:55] That’s it for today!
- [03:55] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...
Neil and Eric talk about what you can learn from American football coach Deion Sanders on brand building and influencer marketing TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...