In Episode #109 Eric and Neil talk about whether you should or should not have a Wikipedia page. Listen as they highlight the pros and cons of having a wiki page and to find out whether having one really does fit your business profile.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: The advantages and disadvantages of having a Wikipedia page
- 00:36 – Having a Wikipedia page adds credibility
- 01:05 – Neil used to have a Wikipedia page but he had it removed
- 01:23 – Knowledge graph pops Wikipedia to the top of search pages INSTEAD of Neil’s website
- 01:43 – A person or business can have a Wiki page for added credibility but not if you’re doing sales
- 02:53 – A Wikipedia page can help you with reputation management
- 03:28 – You can use it to verify your profiles
- 04:24 – Leonard Kim can help to make a Wikipedia page
- 04:41 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Every platform has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Wikipedia ranks so if you run a sales website, don’t use it.
- A Wikipedia page adds credibility to an individual or business.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...