On episode #503, Eric and Neil talk about the quickest ways to make a 6-figure salary. Tune in for great tips on how to build your customer and financial base!
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Quickest Way to Make a 6-Figure Income as a Marketer
- [00:48] The best way to start building up your salary is to start consulting.
- [00:55] If you charge $1,000/client, you only need about 8 clients per month to get you to your goal.
- [01:15] Even if you don’t have traffic or good sales, there’s a simple strategy you can use to build your foundation (see following points)
- [01:32] Go to CrunchBase, because they list all the recent venture-funded startups. Look for companies that were started on $5-10 million. Find the investors, founder, and CEO.
- [02:15] Email the lead investor with the subject line of the company name in which they just invested.
- [02:45] Neil emailed a lead investor and broke down how he was going to lose money on this particular investment.
- [03:23] If you follow Neil’s steps, the lead investor should follow up and they may even hire you to help fix their marketing issues.
- [03:55] The response rates are huge, because investors want a return on their money.
- [04:28] Figure out your email blasts and call lists, but focus on the quality, not the quantity, which will increase the response rate.
- [05:53] Just follow the CrunchBase tip and you will reach your goal within three months.
- [06:00] That’s all for today!
- [06:02] Eric and Neil recommend the Problem Solvers podcast, because there is a great episode about the Hello Fresh CEO. To listen go to singlegrain.com/solve.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2415, we discuss whether newsletters are good businesses. Newsletters can be a great way to build an audience, as well as something you can charge subscribers for, but are they the best us...
In episode #2414, we talk about whether you should build or buy when it comes to talent in your company. There are arguments to be made for both routes to growing your company and its teams, and here ...
In episode #2413, we discuss how to take accountability for your marketing screwups. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what kind of marketing genius you are, you will screw up at some point. ...