In Episode #54 Neil and Eric share their secrets for measuring the success of SEO changes you make to your website. Listen as they talk Google Search Console versus Google Analytics, and highlight how you should approach each tool.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Today’s topic: How to Know if Your SEO Changes are ACTUALLY Working?
- 00:34 – Checkout Google Search Console
- 00:58 – As long as it says you’re going up—everything is typically all good
- 01:05 – Look at impressions
- 01:49 – When you make a technical SEO change, make a note of it and check back in 20 days via Google Search Console
- 03:23 – One framework to use, Brian Balfour experimentation framework
- 04:04 – All you need is a spreadsheet
- 04:14 – Neil lists the columns in his spreadsheet
- 04:30 – Tracking against 1 EID
- 05:15 – Set weekly growth meetings to review changes
- 05:40 – Take screen shots 2 or 3 times a month to track your data, because you will lose your history in Search Console
- 07:00 – GrowthBot.io can sync with Slack and preview key analytics
3 Key Points:
- You MUST use Google Search Console.
- When using GSC, be sure to take screen shots at least 2 or 3 times a month as history is not stored.
- Set weekly or monthly meetings to review SEO changes.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...