In episode #703, Eric and Neil discuss ways to optimize your website. Tune in to hear how you can increase conversions with simple SEO tricks.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The SEO Hack You’ve Never Optimized For
- [00:40] No one is focusing on site speed, which is important. Hosting deeply affects your rankings.
- [00:55] Google has a mobile-first index, which means fast sites will get ranked higher.
- [01:22] You also need to use a content delivery network.
- [01:48] There is a Google Page Speed tool or GT Metrix which will help you measure speed.
- [02:30] Eric’s website was too slow for 3G. They used GTMetrix to discover all their tags were slowing them down.
- [02:56] Ping Them is another great resource.
- [03:10] Don’t take servers for granted.
- [03:30] Optimize for faster load times, which will help with your conversions.
- [03:51] WP Engine has been a great resource for this.
- [04:33] However, WP Engine has been charging exorbitant rates.
- [05:20] Content Distribution Networks distribute your content through servers all throughout the world (it pings your content to closer networks).
- [06:01] Cloudflare is another option besides WP Engine.
- [06:50] That’s it for today!
- [06:54] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #930, we discuss how to use Amazon for content and product development. Tune in to hear how you can use reviews to your advantage....
In episode #929, we discuss whether you should rebrand your logo. Tune in to hear if a rebranding is worth the trouble....