In episode #703, Eric and Neil discuss ways to optimize your website. Tune in to hear how you can increase conversions with simple SEO tricks.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The SEO Hack You’ve Never Optimized For
- [00:40] No one is focusing on site speed, which is important. Hosting deeply affects your rankings.
- [00:55] Google has a mobile-first index, which means fast sites will get ranked higher.
- [01:22] You also need to use a content delivery network.
- [01:48] There is a Google Page Speed tool or GT Metrix which will help you measure speed.
- [02:30] Eric’s website was too slow for 3G. They used GTMetrix to discover all their tags were slowing them down.
- [02:56] Ping Them is another great resource.
- [03:10] Don’t take servers for granted.
- [03:30] Optimize for faster load times, which will help with your conversions.
- [03:51] WP Engine has been a great resource for this.
- [04:33] However, WP Engine has been charging exorbitant rates.
- [05:20] Content Distribution Networks distribute your content through servers all throughout the world (it pings your content to closer networks).
- [06:01] Cloudflare is another option besides WP Engine.
- [06:50] That’s it for today!
- [06:54] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #780, Eric and Neil discuss how they are going to reach 1 Million downloads per month. Tune in to hear how they are going to do this and why they set this goal....
In episode #779, Eric and Neil discuss how to convert more leads. Tune in to hear their great hack....
In episode #778, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do with your keywords that rank in the middle, but not the top of the first search page. Tune in to hear how you can improve your rankings....