In episode #801, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 steps you have to take when creating a site from scratch. Tune in to hear the 7 most important steps in the SEO playbook.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The SEO Playbook: The First 7 Steps You Have to Take
- [01:08] #1: Keyword research.
- [01:20] Use UberSuggest or another keyword research tool and look for the keyword with the most traffic, least competition, and the highest CPC.
- [01:40] This will give you an idea of the keywords that will drive traffic.
- [01:57] Keywords with a high CPC leads to higher revenue for you.
- [02:43] #2: Write skyscraper content.
- [02:56] If you look at Wikipedia, they rank high because their content keeps getting longer and longer.
- [03:35] #3: Share the content.
- [03:45] Go to BuzzSumo, see who shared similar content, then hit them up and ask them to share your content.
- [04:35] #4: Repurpose your content.
- [05:00] Reference the content reusage framework: spin your content off onto different mediums.
- [05:28] #5: Start doing on-page SEO.
- [05:36] Use the Yoast SEO plug-in, optimize your title tags, optimize your meta-descriptions, link the right keywords.
- [06:02: #6: Leverage the process you have created.
- [06:34] Go to ProBlogger and hire people to create your content.
- [07:04] #7: Expand internationally.
- [07:12] Translate your content, adjust it to the local market, and make sure you note what region you are targeting through Ahrefs.
- [07:37] That’s all for today!
- [07:44] Tweet at Eric and let them know if you enjoyed this format.
- [07:52] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #930, we discuss how to use Amazon for content and product development. Tune in to hear how you can use reviews to your advantage....
In episode #929, we discuss whether you should rebrand your logo. Tune in to hear if a rebranding is worth the trouble....