In episode #801, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 steps you have to take when creating a site from scratch. Tune in to hear the 7 most important steps in the SEO playbook.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The SEO Playbook: The First 7 Steps You Have to Take
- [01:08] #1: Keyword research.
- [01:20] Use UberSuggest or another keyword research tool and look for the keyword with the most traffic, least competition, and the highest CPC.
- [01:40] This will give you an idea of the keywords that will drive traffic.
- [01:57] Keywords with a high CPC leads to higher revenue for you.
- [02:43] #2: Write skyscraper content.
- [02:56] If you look at Wikipedia, they rank high because their content keeps getting longer and longer.
- [03:35] #3: Share the content.
- [03:45] Go to BuzzSumo, see who shared similar content, then hit them up and ask them to share your content.
- [04:35] #4: Repurpose your content.
- [05:00] Reference the content reusage framework: spin your content off onto different mediums.
- [05:28] #5: Start doing on-page SEO.
- [05:36] Use the Yoast SEO plug-in, optimize your title tags, optimize your meta-descriptions, link the right keywords.
- [06:02: #6: Leverage the process you have created.
- [06:34] Go to ProBlogger and hire people to create your content.
- [07:04] #7: Expand internationally.
- [07:12] Translate your content, adjust it to the local market, and make sure you note what region you are targeting through Ahrefs.
- [07:37] That’s all for today!
- [07:44] Tweet at Eric and let them know if you enjoyed this format.
- [07:52] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1430, we share seven remote work trends that will impact your business! As the world changes in front of our eyes, remote work has been a distinct component of the professional world durin...
In episode #1429, we unpack Google's upcoming algorithm update! Google is taking more care than ever around user experience and it seems their new updates will be no different. We talk about the reaso...
In episode #1428, we talk about what you can learn from black hat SEOs! There is a whole array of strategies and tactics out there to grow you brand and boost your traffic, and some are more within th...