In episode #572, Eric and Neil explain ways that you can easily make 6 figures as a marketer. Tune in to hear how to prove yourself to be a valuable asset.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Simplest Way to Make 6 Figures as a Marketer
- [00:37] Go work for someone!
- [00:56] Working for someone was educational and lucrative for Eric.
- [01:45] Don’t switch jobs too frequently, because you will be seen as a job hopper.
- [02:10] However, switching companies can be more lucrative (raises, better benefits).
- [02:28] The easiest way to make 6 figures is to do a tear-down of a website.
- [02:52] Break down in Google Docs or Word where they can improve and how to fix it.
- [03:20] Email the document to the founder and CEO in separate chains.
- [04:29] There’s a good chance they will find you valuable and pay you just to solve the problems you outlined.
- [04:55] Eric used this method and emailed the CEO of Zynga.
- [05:19] It doesn’t matter if you’ve been marketing for 20 years or 1 year, identifying a problem and pointing out the solution is an easy way to prove yourself valuable and put you on the road to 6 figures.
- [05:52] Eric recommends chasing opportunity rather than salary, in most instances.
- [06:10] You don’t have to build a product, you could always do performance marketing.
- [06:35] That’s all for today!
- [06:39] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2143, Neil and Eric unpack how big tech companies are laying people off right now and whether it’s a sign of things to come. Tuning in you’ll learn about the companies that are current...
In episode #2142, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire content creators (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) Influencer prices have gone up by staggering amounts and you may not be able to afford the on...
In episode #2141, Neil and Eric talk about their weird habits that triple productivity. Learn why Neil doesn’t go to bed without having read all his emails, even if he’s traveling, and why he does...