In episode #572, Eric and Neil explain ways that you can easily make 6 figures as a marketer. Tune in to hear how to prove yourself to be a valuable asset.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Simplest Way to Make 6 Figures as a Marketer
- [00:37] Go work for someone!
- [00:56] Working for someone was educational and lucrative for Eric.
- [01:45] Don’t switch jobs too frequently, because you will be seen as a job hopper.
- [02:10] However, switching companies can be more lucrative (raises, better benefits).
- [02:28] The easiest way to make 6 figures is to do a tear-down of a website.
- [02:52] Break down in Google Docs or Word where they can improve and how to fix it.
- [03:20] Email the document to the founder and CEO in separate chains.
- [04:29] There’s a good chance they will find you valuable and pay you just to solve the problems you outlined.
- [04:55] Eric used this method and emailed the CEO of Zynga.
- [05:19] It doesn’t matter if you’ve been marketing for 20 years or 1 year, identifying a problem and pointing out the solution is an easy way to prove yourself valuable and put you on the road to 6 figures.
- [05:52] Eric recommends chasing opportunity rather than salary, in most instances.
- [06:10] You don’t have to build a product, you could always do performance marketing.
- [06:35] That’s all for today!
- [06:39] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...