In episode #572, Eric and Neil explain ways that you can easily make 6 figures as a marketer. Tune in to hear how to prove yourself to be a valuable asset.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Simplest Way to Make 6 Figures as a Marketer
- [00:37] Go work for someone!
- [00:56] Working for someone was educational and lucrative for Eric.
- [01:45] Don’t switch jobs too frequently, because you will be seen as a job hopper.
- [02:10] However, switching companies can be more lucrative (raises, better benefits).
- [02:28] The easiest way to make 6 figures is to do a tear-down of a website.
- [02:52] Break down in Google Docs or Word where they can improve and how to fix it.
- [03:20] Email the document to the founder and CEO in separate chains.
- [04:29] There’s a good chance they will find you valuable and pay you just to solve the problems you outlined.
- [04:55] Eric used this method and emailed the CEO of Zynga.
- [05:19] It doesn’t matter if you’ve been marketing for 20 years or 1 year, identifying a problem and pointing out the solution is an easy way to prove yourself valuable and put you on the road to 6 figures.
- [05:52] Eric recommends chasing opportunity rather than salary, in most instances.
- [06:10] You don’t have to build a product, you could always do performance marketing.
- [06:35] That’s all for today!
- [06:39] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...