In episode #1461, we give you a step-by-step checklist for spying on your competition’s marketing. There are great tools for seeing what your competitors are getting up to in terms of their content, SEO, and ads, which allows you to stay ahead of the curve. Tune in to hear what kinds of things you want to be on the lookout for when spying on your competition!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: A Step-by-Step Checklist to Spying on Your Competition’s Marketing.
- [00:34] Hear why it is important to spy on your competition’s marketing.
- [01:00] You can also benefit from seeing what indirect competitors are getting up to.
- [01:04] Examples of the kinds of things to look at when spying on advertising campaigns.
- [01:55] BuiltWith and Wayback Machine will show you what technology people are using.
- [02:26] Use Social Blade to see the growth rate of various channels.
- [02:45] A list of tools that will show you what others are doing in terms of content and SEO.
- [03:11] SimilarWeb shows referring websites and the breakdown of traffic.
- [03:41] Google Alters will notify you every time your competition does something new.
- [04:01] If you are in the tech world, check out Crunchbase to follow news about competitors.
- [04:21] That’s it for today!
- [04:22] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or text us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1814, Neil and Eric talk about their experiences with YouTube and share the ways they could improve and grow. Eric’s main point is around doubling down on one topic while Neil feels he c...
In episode #1813, we talk about our strategies for making the most out of conferences. While the content from conferences themselves is valuable, the networking and business opportunities they bring t...
In episode #1812, Neil and Eric talk about why most people don’t finish courses. Trying to get someone to be engaged during an online course is not easy, which is why you have to go the extra mile t...