In episode #1461, we give you a step-by-step checklist for spying on your competition’s marketing. There are great tools for seeing what your competitors are getting up to in terms of their content, SEO, and ads, which allows you to stay ahead of the curve. Tune in to hear what kinds of things you want to be on the lookout for when spying on your competition!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: A Step-by-Step Checklist to Spying on Your Competition’s Marketing.
- [00:34] Hear why it is important to spy on your competition’s marketing.
- [01:00] You can also benefit from seeing what indirect competitors are getting up to.
- [01:04] Examples of the kinds of things to look at when spying on advertising campaigns.
- [01:55] BuiltWith and Wayback Machine will show you what technology people are using.
- [02:26] Use Social Blade to see the growth rate of various channels.
- [02:45] A list of tools that will show you what others are doing in terms of content and SEO.
- [03:11] SimilarWeb shows referring websites and the breakdown of traffic.
- [03:41] Google Alters will notify you every time your competition does something new.
- [04:01] If you are in the tech world, check out Crunchbase to follow news about competitors.
- [04:21] That’s it for today!
- [04:22] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or text us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...