In episode #1798, we talk about product-led growth and why we find it such an effective marketing tactic that we would invest 10M in it. Giving away a product for free is an extremely good way to build an audience that can then be monetized at a later stage. Even though this tactic does not produce immediate returns, it brings in a ton of money in the long term. Tune in to hear how delayed gratification wins at the end of the day!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
[00:25] Today’s topic: The Surprising Marketing Tactic We Would Invest 10M Into Right Now.
- [00:40] Investing in free tools that gobble up the marketplace.
- [01:07] Leveraging an audience built off a free tool through upsells.
- [01:27] This tactic is more cost-effective than advertising.
- [01:31] The long-run effectiveness of controlling a big buyer pool.
- [01:41] Examples of product-led growth.
- [02:29] Examples of companies investing in ‘free’.
- [03:52] That’s it for today!
- [03:53] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...