In episode #1798, we talk about product-led growth and why we find it such an effective marketing tactic that we would invest 10M in it. Giving away a product for free is an extremely good way to build an audience that can then be monetized at a later stage. Even though this tactic does not produce immediate returns, it brings in a ton of money in the long term. Tune in to hear how delayed gratification wins at the end of the day!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
[00:25] Today’s topic: The Surprising Marketing Tactic We Would Invest 10M Into Right Now.
- [00:40] Investing in free tools that gobble up the marketplace.
- [01:07] Leveraging an audience built off a free tool through upsells.
- [01:27] This tactic is more cost-effective than advertising.
- [01:31] The long-run effectiveness of controlling a big buyer pool.
- [01:41] Examples of product-led growth.
- [02:29] Examples of companies investing in ‘free’.
- [03:52] That’s it for today!
- [03:53] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...