In episode #1798, we talk about product-led growth and why we find it such an effective marketing tactic that we would invest 10M in it. Giving away a product for free is an extremely good way to build an audience that can then be monetized at a later stage. Even though this tactic does not produce immediate returns, it brings in a ton of money in the long term. Tune in to hear how delayed gratification wins at the end of the day!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
[00:25] Today’s topic: The Surprising Marketing Tactic We Would Invest 10M Into Right Now.
- [00:40] Investing in free tools that gobble up the marketplace.
- [01:07] Leveraging an audience built off a free tool through upsells.
- [01:27] This tactic is more cost-effective than advertising.
- [01:31] The long-run effectiveness of controlling a big buyer pool.
- [01:41] Examples of product-led growth.
- [02:29] Examples of companies investing in ‘free’.
- [03:52] That’s it for today!
- [03:53] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1814, Neil and Eric talk about their experiences with YouTube and share the ways they could improve and grow. Eric’s main point is around doubling down on one topic while Neil feels he c...
In episode #1813, we talk about our strategies for making the most out of conferences. While the content from conferences themselves is valuable, the networking and business opportunities they bring t...
In episode #1812, Neil and Eric talk about why most people don’t finish courses. Trying to get someone to be engaged during an online course is not easy, which is why you have to go the extra mile t...