In episode #2026, Neil and Eric delve into the tough state of the talent market right now and how to win over the best employees. Hiring new employees at this point in time is especially challenging for a number of reasons, not least of which is the substantial jump in initial salary offerings, even to marketers who are entering the job market for the first time with little to no experience. Learn about the current trends, why it’s not sustainable, and what you can do to snag top talent within your budgetary constraints and compete with bigger companies!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: The Talent Market is Tough Right Now. Here’s How to Win Over the Best Employees.
- [00:25] An account of the experiences companies have been having with prospective employees accepting competing job offers.
- [01:19] The role that recruiters play in job acquisition and retention.
- [02:01] How Neil’s company has been affected by the tougher talent market.
- [02:40] Why the current salaries that employees are being offered are not sustainable.
- [02:51] How to improve your chances of a successful hire by having a leader join a call with a prospective employee.
- [04:16] How to use an interview to find out what motivates a prospective employee.
- [04:29] Asking prospective employees what they’d object to if they received a counter offer.
- [05:03] What Neil does to get the best talent.
- [06:32] The concept of boomerang employees and why they are surprisingly common.
- [07:00] How to help employees achieve their goals outside of work.
- [07:46] Eric and Neil’s differing opinions on the extent to which a company can be democratic.
- [11:34] Tweet at us whether you think companies are democracies or benevolent dictatorships!
- [11:40] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe!
- [11:43] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Neil Patel on Twitter
- Eric Siu on Twitter
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...