In today’s episode, Eric and Neil discuss unorthodox strategies for coming up with blog topics. Tune in to hear how you can spin any topic.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Unorthodox Strategy We Use to Come Up WIth Topics For Our Blog
- [00:45] They don’t have many strategies at Neil’s org, but rather one simple method.
- [01:10] Neil writes about personal experiences.
- [01:25] Neil wants people to know they can’t get his content anywhere else.
- [01:52] When he shares personal stories, he gets 12x more comments.
- [02:25] Growth Everywhere doesn’t have a headline or title until after the interview.
- [03:15] At Single Grain, employees are required to come to a meeting with multiple blog ideas.
- [03:45] A blog should be about what you want to share, but also what people would want to read.
- [04:10] As a blogger, you can come up with unique stories for any industry. You just have to put your personal spin on things.
- [04:45] Ben Settle came up with the concept for “Seinfeld Emails”.
- [05:25] Emails that are about nothing, but somehow tie back into what you’re selling.
- [05:30] That’s all for today!
- [05:36] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...