In today’s episode, Eric and Neil discuss unorthodox strategies for coming up with blog topics. Tune in to hear how you can spin any topic.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Unorthodox Strategy We Use to Come Up WIth Topics For Our Blog
- [00:45] They don’t have many strategies at Neil’s org, but rather one simple method.
- [01:10] Neil writes about personal experiences.
- [01:25] Neil wants people to know they can’t get his content anywhere else.
- [01:52] When he shares personal stories, he gets 12x more comments.
- [02:25] Growth Everywhere doesn’t have a headline or title until after the interview.
- [03:15] At Single Grain, employees are required to come to a meeting with multiple blog ideas.
- [03:45] A blog should be about what you want to share, but also what people would want to read.
- [04:10] As a blogger, you can come up with unique stories for any industry. You just have to put your personal spin on things.
- [04:45] Ben Settle came up with the concept for “Seinfeld Emails”.
- [05:25] Emails that are about nothing, but somehow tie back into what you’re selling.
- [05:30] That’s all for today!
- [05:36] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #869, we discuss how books can make you more money. Tune in to hear how a book can increase your sales numbers....
In episode #868, we discuss a tactic that the best marketers use. Tune in to hear what you can do to up your game....
In episode #867, we discuss 7 email marketing hacks that you probably aren’t leveraging. Tune in to hear what tactics you shouldn’t take for granted....