In episode #1198, we discuss the main thing that is preventing you from achieving SEO success. Your leads won’t convert to sales if you haven’t spent time on customer development. Tune in to hear what you can do to better understand your customers’ pain points!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The One Thing That Can Make or Break Your SEO.
- [00:32] How customer development is related to SEO.
- [01:06] Constantly trying new ways to get traffic in the early days of business.
- [02:11] Why traffic and ranking for everything shouldn’t be your goal.
- [02:50] The importance of figuring out what your customers’ specific pain points are.
- [03:16] What happens when you focus too heavily on keywords and not the people.
- [03:42] Two highly recommended books on learning to understand your customer.
- [04:49] Examples of things you can do to promote customer development.
- [05:30] Realizing that customer development is an ongoing process.
- [06:03] Keeping in mind that search patterns change as people become more educated.
- [06:17] The type of companies that venture capitalists are looking for.
- [06:47] That’s it for today!
- [06:48] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Marketing School
- The Lean Startup
- The Four Steps to the Epiphany
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...