In episode #1060, we discuss Tim Ferriss’ podcast going ad free. Tune in to hear our thoughts on this new tactic.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Tim Ferriss podcast goes ad free: Our thoughts.
- [01:15] He may get 3 Million downloads a month.
- [01:25] If he charges $100 CPM, he can make $3.6 Million per year.
- [01:45] As an experiment, he has asked people to donate for a subscription to his free podcast, because he has stopped running ads.
- [02:25]] Neil thinks Tim isn’t concerned with money anymore, so it doesn’t matter.
- [04:15] Tim is experimenting with this method.
- [04:30] This is just another monetization model that he is trying out.
- [05:15] At six months, if it is going well, this may be a method to copy.
- [05:35] Let people who can afford to experiment, do so in your place.
- [06:29] That’s it for today!
- [06:35] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just got to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...