In episode #1060, we discuss Tim Ferriss’ podcast going ad free. Tune in to hear our thoughts on this new tactic.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Tim Ferriss podcast goes ad free: Our thoughts.
- [01:15] He may get 3 Million downloads a month.
- [01:25] If he charges $100 CPM, he can make $3.6 Million per year.
- [01:45] As an experiment, he has asked people to donate for a subscription to his free podcast, because he has stopped running ads.
- [02:25]] Neil thinks Tim isn’t concerned with money anymore, so it doesn’t matter.
- [04:15] Tim is experimenting with this method.
- [04:30] This is just another monetization model that he is trying out.
- [05:15] At six months, if it is going well, this may be a method to copy.
- [05:35] Let people who can afford to experiment, do so in your place.
- [06:29] That’s it for today!
- [06:35] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just got to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...
In episode #2297, we have a look at Neil's content plan for next year. If you want to hear about Neil scaling back on certain aspects of his content creation, and what you should be aiming for in the ...
In episode #2296, Neil and Eric talk about how they have been leveraging AI writers. There have been a lot of developments in the AI space recently, but we are only just starting to uncover how to opt...