In episode #1060, we discuss Tim Ferriss’ podcast going ad free. Tune in to hear our thoughts on this new tactic.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Tim Ferriss podcast goes ad free: Our thoughts.
- [01:15] He may get 3 Million downloads a month.
- [01:25] If he charges $100 CPM, he can make $3.6 Million per year.
- [01:45] As an experiment, he has asked people to donate for a subscription to his free podcast, because he has stopped running ads.
- [02:25]] Neil thinks Tim isn’t concerned with money anymore, so it doesn’t matter.
- [04:15] Tim is experimenting with this method.
- [04:30] This is just another monetization model that he is trying out.
- [05:15] At six months, if it is going well, this may be a method to copy.
- [05:35] Let people who can afford to experiment, do so in your place.
- [06:29] That’s it for today!
- [06:35] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just got to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...