In episode #1060, we discuss Tim Ferriss’ podcast going ad free. Tune in to hear our thoughts on this new tactic.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Tim Ferriss podcast goes ad free: Our thoughts.
- [01:15] He may get 3 Million downloads a month.
- [01:25] If he charges $100 CPM, he can make $3.6 Million per year.
- [01:45] As an experiment, he has asked people to donate for a subscription to his free podcast, because he has stopped running ads.
- [02:25]] Neil thinks Tim isn’t concerned with money anymore, so it doesn’t matter.
- [04:15] Tim is experimenting with this method.
- [04:30] This is just another monetization model that he is trying out.
- [05:15] At six months, if it is going well, this may be a method to copy.
- [05:35] Let people who can afford to experiment, do so in your place.
- [06:29] That’s it for today!
- [06:35] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just got to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....