In Episode #275, Eric and Neil list the tools you need to build your very first (and very best) infoproduct. Infoproducts (like online courses) have never been so widely available and because of that more and more professionals are starting to offer them.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Tools to Help You Build Your Infoproduct
- 00:36 – Infoproducts are courses being offered online
- 00:42 – Eric has been looking at Tai Lopez’s agency course
- 01:03 – Some infoproducts are kind of scammy because some people just make courses that are of low-quality
- 01:19 – Infoproducts are high margin
- 01:14 – Going to school vs enrolling in an online course
- 01:31 – Neil’s infoproduct is doing over half a million dollars per month
- 02:07 – If you’re creating an infoproduct, don’t worry about what everyone else is doing
- 02:12 – Do what you feel is ethical
- 02:13 – Don’t take shortcuts
- 02:23 – Make sure you have videos – Quicktime and Screenflow work well
- 02:42 – Record all sessions you have
- 02:45 – Upload your recordings to tools like Vimeo or Wistia
- 03:02 – Neil uses the platform, WP Member
- 03:06 – Use Facebook Groups, Skype, and Webinar Jam
- 03:28 – For PDFs, use Uberflip
- 03:43 – Make sure you have email service providers for emailing your list
- 03:53 – Learn about Evergreen Launch Sequence
- 04:02 – Don’t forget to retarget people
- 04:28 – Eric recommends Teachable and Kajabi for platforms
- 04:48 – Skillshare is another platform to consider
- 05:13 – Neil has done really well with his courses
- 05:24 – You can really make money with courses BUT make sure you’re doings things right
- 05:28 – “Don’t come off SCAMMY”
- 05:37 – Marketing School is giving away a 1 year subscription to Alexa, an SEO tool from Amazon
- 05:50 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:53 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 06:10 – If you have any paid tools on marketing, reach out to us
- 06:24 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Some infoproduct teachers don’t really have the authority to teach—but they do it anyway.
- Only do what you think and feel is ETHICAL.
- Do things right – remember to give the real value of what you’re offering.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....