In episode #1081, we offer a free listen to Larry Kim’s presentation from the Marketing School Live event in Los Angeles. Tune in to hear Larry discuss his hacks for Facebook marketing for 2020 and beyond.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:55] Today’s Topic: Larry Kim’s Top 5 Favorite Facebook Marketing Hacks for 2020 and Beyond
- [02:15] Larry is from Winnipeg and he’s obsessed with unicorns.
- [02:47] Larry started WordStream in 2008 out of a bakery he frequented.
- [03:00] Now the company employs over 300 people managing over $1 Billion in ad spend.
- [03:20] He sold the business one year ago.
- [04:22] Facebook is getting in trouble for questionable live streams and censorship.
- [04:55] The future of Facebook is private groups and messaging.
- [06:22] Live chats are a core growth marketing area on which to focus.
- [08:40] Anything you can do with email marketing, you can do with messaging.
- [11:35] Use a chatbot builder like MobileMonkey.
- [12:45] Surveys are a great way to get user feedback and you can do them using chatbots, so they are more conversational.
- [15:10] This helps improve conversions.
- [17:25] In order to improve experiences, you would want to create content around questions people have.
- [19:11] By making a person confirm that he is doing well in a conversation, you can use that to piggy-back upon and move onto the topic at hand.
- [19:47] No matter what you’re selling, try to take people on a conversational journey.
- [22:30] It’s never been easier to grow your email subscriber list.
- [23:20] Don’t wait for people to message, you have to be more proactive in getting leads.
- [23:40] A Comment Guard is a strategy for baiting users into messaging your company.
- [25:05] Another way to engage your audience is to ask an enticing question and offer the actual answer and further information.
- [28:12] Larry has changed the way he does Facebook ads, so that it sends people into his messenger funnels instead of a landing page.
- [30:44] After someone becomes a Messenger contact, you can input their info into a Drip campaign and attempt to use upsells.
- [31:15] You can also remarket people based on conversational criteria.
- [33:14] There are more daily active users on messaging platforms than on social media, yet less than 1% of companies have the ability to market to those users.
- [33:27] Engagements rates are 100x better than email marketing.
- [34:45] That’s it for today!
- [34:48] Please go to Marketing School for a free copy of Larry’s slides.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...