In episode #1572, we wrap up our conversation on paid newsletters, discussing the different ways in which you can monetize your subscription newsletter. Getting sponsors on board and including up-sell and down-sell products and services are some of the easiest ways to monetize. Tune in to hear how being an affiliate for other companies can also benefit you!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Paid Newsletters, Part 3: The Top 5 Ways to Monetize Your Subscription Newsletter
- [00:34] The most successful newsletters have sponsorships in them.
- [00:56] The key is that ads are written creatively and natively into the newsletter.
- [01:17] Add up-sells and down-sells to get your audience to purchase your other products.
- [01:46] Make the most of your up- and down-sells by getting a sales team to engage subscribers.
- [02:01] Use Substack to offer a paid premium subscription to your newsletter.
- [02:14] Be an affiliate for other related products or services to make extra money.
- [02:41] Consider putting your newsletter on a website like BuySellAds who sell it for you.
- [03:02] These monetization models apply to any content you produce.
- [03:26] That’s it for today!
- [03:43] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...