In episode #1572, we wrap up our conversation on paid newsletters, discussing the different ways in which you can monetize your subscription newsletter. Getting sponsors on board and including up-sell and down-sell products and services are some of the easiest ways to monetize. Tune in to hear how being an affiliate for other companies can also benefit you!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Paid Newsletters, Part 3: The Top 5 Ways to Monetize Your Subscription Newsletter
- [00:34] The most successful newsletters have sponsorships in them.
- [00:56] The key is that ads are written creatively and natively into the newsletter.
- [01:17] Add up-sells and down-sells to get your audience to purchase your other products.
- [01:46] Make the most of your up- and down-sells by getting a sales team to engage subscribers.
- [02:01] Use Substack to offer a paid premium subscription to your newsletter.
- [02:14] Be an affiliate for other related products or services to make extra money.
- [02:41] Consider putting your newsletter on a website like BuySellAds who sell it for you.
- [03:02] These monetization models apply to any content you produce.
- [03:26] That’s it for today!
- [03:43] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...