In episode #1299, we discuss how Donald Trump spent over $19 million on Facebook advertising in 2019! This huge amount of money, that dwarfs the democratic budget, is symptomatic of the current media and marketing landscape. Join us to hear about the lessons that can be learned from this example.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Donald Trump Spent $19.4 Million on Facebook Ads in 2019.
- [00:44] The Guardian article that sparked today’s episode.
- [01:45] Long-term implications of these kinds of tactics with the growth of AI.
- [02:27] How data is being used to change people’s perceptions.
- [03:48] Manipulation is ever-present in media and marketing; what can you learn?
- [05:04] Awareness and positivity in the advertising space.
- [05:23] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...