In episode #1299, we discuss how Donald Trump spent over $19 million on Facebook advertising in 2019! This huge amount of money, that dwarfs the democratic budget, is symptomatic of the current media and marketing landscape. Join us to hear about the lessons that can be learned from this example.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Donald Trump Spent $19.4 Million on Facebook Ads in 2019.
- [00:44] The Guardian article that sparked today’s episode.
- [01:45] Long-term implications of these kinds of tactics with the growth of AI.
- [02:27] How data is being used to change people’s perceptions.
- [03:48] Manipulation is ever-present in media and marketing; what can you learn?
- [05:04] Awareness and positivity in the advertising space.
- [05:23] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...
Neil and Eric talk about what you can learn from American football coach Deion Sanders on brand building and influencer marketing TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...