In episode #1133, we discuss how the once-great Tumblr sold for a significantly lower price than before. After selling for a whopping $1.1 billion to Yahoo in 2013, it was recently acquired by Automattic for a mere $3 million. Tune in to hear all about the new opportunities it might hold for marketers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Tumblr Sold For 3 Million Bucks.
- [00:30] Some context about what Tumblr was initially sold for and its acquisition history.
- [00:55] A possible reason why the company might have been sold at such a low price.
- [01:17] Why Automattic is the best fit for Tumblr from a business perspective.
- [01:37] The amazing new opportunities for Automattic to control the web.
- [01:56] WordPress’s venture into e–commerce and how they might do the same with Tumblr.
- [02:15] The many benefits of WordPress for marketers and entrepreneurs.
- [02:56] Why you should start engaging on Tumblr right now.
- [03:12] That’s it for today!
- [03:17] For a new way to grow your business, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1468, we share why you should prioritize content creation in 2020. The average person consumes high volumes of content daily, whether in the form text, video, or audio, so you want to make...
In episode #1467, we discuss the recent Pier 1 Imports Transaction and what we can all learn from it. Most people thought that Tai Lopez was just a wealthy guy with Lamborghinis, but he is showing the...
In episode #1466, we talk about why Twitter is an underrated social media platform. Compared to most other channels, Twitter has many high net worth individuals engaging and sharing valuable informati...