In episode #1133, we discuss how the once-great Tumblr sold for a significantly lower price than before. After selling for a whopping $1.1 billion to Yahoo in 2013, it was recently acquired by Automattic for a mere $3 million. Tune in to hear all about the new opportunities it might hold for marketers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Tumblr Sold For 3 Million Bucks.
- [00:30] Some context about what Tumblr was initially sold for and its acquisition history.
- [00:55] A possible reason why the company might have been sold at such a low price.
- [01:17] Why Automattic is the best fit for Tumblr from a business perspective.
- [01:37] The amazing new opportunities for Automattic to control the web.
- [01:56] WordPress’s venture into e–commerce and how they might do the same with Tumblr.
- [02:15] The many benefits of WordPress for marketers and entrepreneurs.
- [02:56] Why you should start engaging on Tumblr right now.
- [03:12] That’s it for today!
- [03:17] For a new way to grow your business, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2103, we talk about how we'd grow our podcast to five million downloads per month in the future. After the last few years of amazing growth, we are so excited about where we might be heade...
In episode #2102, we talk about how to screen for SEO talent in 2022! When building the best team that you can, you need a good process to vet potential hires and we are here to make this just a littl...
In episode #2101, Neil and Eric talk about what to do if you’re on the verge of bankruptcy. It’s okay to fail and try new things, and bankruptcy shouldn’t be associated with shame or stigma. Tun...