In episode #1133, we discuss how the once-great Tumblr sold for a significantly lower price than before. After selling for a whopping $1.1 billion to Yahoo in 2013, it was recently acquired by Automattic for a mere $3 million. Tune in to hear all about the new opportunities it might hold for marketers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Tumblr Sold For 3 Million Bucks.
- [00:30] Some context about what Tumblr was initially sold for and its acquisition history.
- [00:55] A possible reason why the company might have been sold at such a low price.
- [01:17] Why Automattic is the best fit for Tumblr from a business perspective.
- [01:37] The amazing new opportunities for Automattic to control the web.
- [01:56] WordPress’s venture into e–commerce and how they might do the same with Tumblr.
- [02:15] The many benefits of WordPress for marketers and entrepreneurs.
- [02:56] Why you should start engaging on Tumblr right now.
- [03:12] That’s it for today!
- [03:17] For a new way to grow your business, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1536, we cover the often-dreaded cold email. We hear about what makes a good subject line, Neil and Eric’s personal experience sending cold emails and the importance of having a good bod...
In episode #1535, we give you the one marketing skill that will get you hired in 2020 – and it is not SEO or PPC! As Andrew Chen famously said, “All marketing channels eventually go to shit.” Th...
In episode #1534, we discuss how to get clients in today’s environment. The best thing you can do is to approach prospective clients with step-by-step solutions that require zero effort on their par...