In episode #1133, we discuss how the once-great Tumblr sold for a significantly lower price than before. After selling for a whopping $1.1 billion to Yahoo in 2013, it was recently acquired by Automattic for a mere $3 million. Tune in to hear all about the new opportunities it might hold for marketers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Tumblr Sold For 3 Million Bucks.
- [00:30] Some context about what Tumblr was initially sold for and its acquisition history.
- [00:55] A possible reason why the company might have been sold at such a low price.
- [01:17] Why Automattic is the best fit for Tumblr from a business perspective.
- [01:37] The amazing new opportunities for Automattic to control the web.
- [01:56] WordPress’s venture into e–commerce and how they might do the same with Tumblr.
- [02:15] The many benefits of WordPress for marketers and entrepreneurs.
- [02:56] Why you should start engaging on Tumblr right now.
- [03:12] That’s it for today!
- [03:17] For a new way to grow your business, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...