In episode #1133, we discuss how the once-great Tumblr sold for a significantly lower price than before. After selling for a whopping $1.1 billion to Yahoo in 2013, it was recently acquired by Automattic for a mere $3 million. Tune in to hear all about the new opportunities it might hold for marketers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Tumblr Sold For 3 Million Bucks.
- [00:30] Some context about what Tumblr was initially sold for and its acquisition history.
- [00:55] A possible reason why the company might have been sold at such a low price.
- [01:17] Why Automattic is the best fit for Tumblr from a business perspective.
- [01:37] The amazing new opportunities for Automattic to control the web.
- [01:56] WordPress’s venture into e–commerce and how they might do the same with Tumblr.
- [02:15] The many benefits of WordPress for marketers and entrepreneurs.
- [02:56] Why you should start engaging on Tumblr right now.
- [03:12] That’s it for today!
- [03:17] For a new way to grow your business, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2229, Neil and Eric talk about seven split tests you won’t regret running. One of the most reliable ways to determine effective marketing methods is by running split tests. Tune in to le...
In episode #2228, Neil and Eric talk about why rising interest rates will make marketing more affordable. Warren Buffet famously said, “be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are ...
In episode #2227, Neil and Eric talk about why the easiest way to go broke is by acting rich. When you’re making hundreds and thousands of dollars, it can be tempting to splurge your cash on non-ess...