In episode #1300, we talk about why Warren Buffett sold all of his newspaper businesses! It is quite commonly understood that newspaper media is not a growing space and we see this with the amount of journalism graduates who struggle to find work. Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway have been making some shrewd moves in order to set themselves up for the future. Tune in to hear how!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why Warren Buffett Sold All of His Newspaper Businesses for $140 Million.
- [00:58] The news media landscape currently and what online platforms have done.
- [02:01] How Berkshire Hathaway lent money to Lee Enterprises.
- [02:46] The potential or lack thereof for newspapers and Lee’s extreme measures.
- [03:11] New media and making use of out of journalists for your empire.
- [04:01] Other options that Berkshire Hathaway might have in mind.
- [04:43] That’s it for today!
- [04:46] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...