In episode #1300, we talk about why Warren Buffett sold all of his newspaper businesses! It is quite commonly understood that newspaper media is not a growing space and we see this with the amount of journalism graduates who struggle to find work. Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway have been making some shrewd moves in order to set themselves up for the future. Tune in to hear how!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why Warren Buffett Sold All of His Newspaper Businesses for $140 Million.
- [00:58] The news media landscape currently and what online platforms have done.
- [02:01] How Berkshire Hathaway lent money to Lee Enterprises.
- [02:46] The potential or lack thereof for newspapers and Lee’s extreme measures.
- [03:11] New media and making use of out of journalists for your empire.
- [04:01] Other options that Berkshire Hathaway might have in mind.
- [04:43] That’s it for today!
- [04:46] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...