In episode #607, Eric and Neil discuss what happened when they purchased backlinks. Tune in to hear whether this is still a valid marketing method.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: We Bought $100,000 Worth of Backlinks (and Here’s What Happened Next)
- [00:40] Eric and Neil no longer buy links, but did so during the earlier parts of their careers.
- [00:55] They purchased random sites with no relevance to their industries.
- [01:30] Link buying is bigger than it used to be and Google isn’t banning any of the purchased sites.
- [01:55] Sites will spend $100,000 on backlinks, but they are not getting the traffic that they used to.
- [02:02] Google is now using a lot of factors such as brand queries, user metrics, on-page SEO, Hummingbird, and Rank Brain.
- [02:45] Paid advertising is the biggest trend right now and it’s working.
- [03:00] Buying links is the old SEO, instead you should think about ways to repurpose and create great content.
- [03:26] Neil uses blogging, video, and podcasting as marketing methods.
- [03:31] This all can lead to bigger and better opportunities.
- [04:12] That’s it for today!
- [04:16] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1468, we share why you should prioritize content creation in 2020. The average person consumes high volumes of content daily, whether in the form text, video, or audio, so you want to make...
In episode #1467, we discuss the recent Pier 1 Imports Transaction and what we can all learn from it. Most people thought that Tai Lopez was just a wealthy guy with Lamborghinis, but he is showing the...
In episode #1466, we talk about why Twitter is an underrated social media platform. Compared to most other channels, Twitter has many high net worth individuals engaging and sharing valuable informati...