In episode #607, Eric and Neil discuss what happened when they purchased backlinks. Tune in to hear whether this is still a valid marketing method.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: We Bought $100,000 Worth of Backlinks (and Here’s What Happened Next)
- [00:40] Eric and Neil no longer buy links, but did so during the earlier parts of their careers.
- [00:55] They purchased random sites with no relevance to their industries.
- [01:30] Link buying is bigger than it used to be and Google isn’t banning any of the purchased sites.
- [01:55] Sites will spend $100,000 on backlinks, but they are not getting the traffic that they used to.
- [02:02] Google is now using a lot of factors such as brand queries, user metrics, on-page SEO, Hummingbird, and Rank Brain.
- [02:45] Paid advertising is the biggest trend right now and it’s working.
- [03:00] Buying links is the old SEO, instead you should think about ways to repurpose and create great content.
- [03:26] Neil uses blogging, video, and podcasting as marketing methods.
- [03:31] This all can lead to bigger and better opportunities.
- [04:12] That’s it for today!
- [04:16] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1174, we talk about how we handle our to-do lists and get our marketing things done! From prioritizing and cutting excess to methods and frameworks, we cover a ton of great ways to get thi...
In episode #1173, we talk about the trend that email newsletters and podcasting is currently moving towards. We are seeing more paid subscription services for content creators, whereby subscribers can...
In episode #1172, we discuss the best ways to do a blazing fast audit of a website! There are a ton of tools that make this process easy, cheap, and effective. Today we unpack which ones we use and wh...