In Episode #328, Eric and Neil discuss what Gmail ads are and how to leverage them. Tune in to learn how you can get creative with Gmail ads and why they are more valuable for B2B than B2C.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Are Gmail Ads (and How to Leverage Them)?
- 00:44 – Gmail ads are what you can see on your promotions tab when you open up your emails
- 01:04 – There are also some ads above your email inbox and when you click on your Gmail
- 01:15 – You can target specific keywords and be creative with Gmail ads
- 01:27 – Neil has been using Gmail ads for awhile
- 01:33 – For Neil, Gmail ads don’t convert as much as direct AdWords
- 01:42 – Conversions with Google search list is much higher for Neil
- 01:46 – Gmail is much cheaper though
- 02:02 – Eric uses Pepsi and Coca Cola as a sample to target specific keywords in Gmail ads
- 02:30 – You can target specific people with Gmail ads, too
- 02:45 – From Eric’s observations, Gmail ads convert more for people who are 40 years old and up
- 03:02 – Neil finds Gmail ads working well for B2B rather than B2C
- 03:50 – You can test it first
- 04:00 – Neil has a blog about Gmail ads and Eric has one on Single Grain
- 04:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Targeting specific keywords can be done through Gmail Ads.
- Gmail ads are still a good option for marketing, especially if you’re looking for a budget-wise channel.
- Test every campaign that you do and track your conversion rate to see if it’s worth it.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...