In Episode #397, Eric and Neil discuss what Seinfeld emails are and how you can leverage them to enhance your business. Tune in to learn how can writing about nothing (literally) can lead to increases in both your network and your sales.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Are Seinfeld Emails (And How to Leverage Them)?
- 00:53 – Eric thinks Seinfeld is just a show about nothing
- 00:59 – The Seinfeld email is like writing an email about nothing
- 01:07 – Eric shared a bad experience with American Airlines and wrote about the experience
- 01:24 – He got some great responses from the post
- 01:34 – “The good thing about writing about nothing is relating it to people”
- 01:45 – People are more likely to convert because they can connect with it and don’t feel like they’re being sold to
- 01:51 – You don’t want to write about nothing when you can’t connect it with your product and services
- 02:40 – For Neil, when someone writes for him, he still checks the end product to see if it matches his vision
- 03:11 – To be good with Seinfeld emails, you have to do it constantly
- 03:51 – “People love to hear about stories and Seinfeld emails are just one way to do it”
- 03:55 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:41 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Seinfeld emails are basically emails about nothing—oddly enough, they’re effective.
- When writing a Seinfeld email, connect with people in your writing while subtly leading them to your products and services too.
- You have to write consistently to be good at Seinfeld’s email writing.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...