In Episode #439, Eric and Neil discuss the major differences between PPC ads on mobile and desktop. Tune in to learn what you need to consider when creating a well-executed ad and the value of testing the experience on every single device.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Are the Major Differences Between PPC Ads on Mobile and Desktop?
- 00:37 – You get less text in mobile because of its limitations
- 00:50 – Mobile costs are cheaper
- 01:15 – You’ll see less snippets or other information with mobile ads
- 01:35 – When you’re doing mobile-based ads, you need to fine-tune your landing page depending on the device
- 02:07 – “You have to tailor for experience”
- 02:18 – Have a responsive design and test how it looks on different devices
- 02:40 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:52 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 02:28 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- When creating ads, consider the devices that your customers use often.
- Test the ads on EVERY device to fine-tune the experience.
- Keep in mind the limitations in place with mobile ads, especially when it comes to your text.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...