In Episode #439, Eric and Neil discuss the major differences between PPC ads on mobile and desktop. Tune in to learn what you need to consider when creating a well-executed ad and the value of testing the experience on every single device.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Are the Major Differences Between PPC Ads on Mobile and Desktop?
- 00:37 – You get less text in mobile because of its limitations
- 00:50 – Mobile costs are cheaper
- 01:15 – You’ll see less snippets or other information with mobile ads
- 01:35 – When you’re doing mobile-based ads, you need to fine-tune your landing page depending on the device
- 02:07 – “You have to tailor for experience”
- 02:18 – Have a responsive design and test how it looks on different devices
- 02:40 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:52 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 02:28 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- When creating ads, consider the devices that your customers use often.
- Test the ads on EVERY device to fine-tune the experience.
- Keep in mind the limitations in place with mobile ads, especially when it comes to your text.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...