In Episode #69 Eric and Neil talk about churn—what it is and how entrepreneurs can reduce it. Listen as walk through the process of measuring churn, the importance of knowing what your customers love about your product or service, and what tactics you can implement to kill churn in your business.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: What is churn and how to reduce it?
- 00:35 – Churn is a metric number
- 00:42 – Churn = customers you are losing per month divided by all your customers
- 00:55 – Neil’s experience with churn
- 01:29 – If it sucks you’ll get high churn; if it’s great you’ll get low churn
- 02:14 – Churn of 2% or under is acceptable
- 02:38 – It’s difficult to scale a business with 5% churn
- 03:10 – Conduct a survey to your audience to know what’s wrong
- 03:35 – Neil’s tactics to reduce churn
- 07:14 – One Key Metric
- 07:31 – Dunning
- 07:41 – Churn Buster
- 07:58 – Use Visa and Master Card updater
- 08:39 – Pausing or stopping a subscription and restarting again
- 09:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Remember to ask your customers for their feedback.
- Know what people love about your product or service.
- Know what metrics are important for your business.
- Qualaroo and Google Analytics – Tools you can use to identify your metrics
- One Key Metric – Josh Elman’s post
- Churn Buster – Tool you can use to limit dunning
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...