In Episode #69 Eric and Neil talk about churn—what it is and how entrepreneurs can reduce it. Listen as walk through the process of measuring churn, the importance of knowing what your customers love about your product or service, and what tactics you can implement to kill churn in your business.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: What is churn and how to reduce it?
- 00:35 – Churn is a metric number
- 00:42 – Churn = customers you are losing per month divided by all your customers
- 00:55 – Neil’s experience with churn
- 01:29 – If it sucks you’ll get high churn; if it’s great you’ll get low churn
- 02:14 – Churn of 2% or under is acceptable
- 02:38 – It’s difficult to scale a business with 5% churn
- 03:10 – Conduct a survey to your audience to know what’s wrong
- 03:35 – Neil’s tactics to reduce churn
- 03:50 – Yearly subscriptions
- 04:41 – Put invoices on the dashboard
- 05:11 – Find out what people love about your product
- 06:17 – Figure out what metrics are important to you or to the users
- 06:28 – Qualaroo and Google Analytics
- 07:14 – One Key Metric
- 07:31 – Dunning
- 07:41 – Churn Buster
- 07:58 – Use Visa and Master Card updater
- 08:39 – Pausing or stopping a subscription and restarting again
- 09:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Remember to ask your customers for their feedback.
- Know what people love about your product or service.
- Know what metrics are important for your business.
- Qualaroo and Google Analytics – Tools you can use to identify your metrics
- One Key Metric – Josh Elman’s post
- Churn Buster – Tool you can use to limit dunning
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...