In episode #2335, Neil and Eric discuss Disney+’s recent decision to follow Netflix’s lead and turn on ads. Hear about our relationship with ads as consumers, and explore some examples of platforms and businesses that have included ads in their marketing strategy, along with some other effective routes to monetization. Tune in to hear more today!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: what Disney+’s strategy tells us as marketers.
- [00:30] Disney+’s recent decision to turn on ads.
- [00:50] Our relationship with ads as consumers.
- [01:12] Allowing users the option to pay more not to have ads.
- [01:16] Why Neil considers this a better way to monetize.
- [01:36] Using the Marketing School podcast as an example of a successful ad model.
- [02:00] How MrBeast uses Feastables, MrBeast Burgers, and sponsorships to monetize.
- [02:13] Why is consumer indication that they don’t like something not enough?
- [02:45] The trade-off we make to enjoy platforms despite the presence of advertising.
- [02:56] Why you shouldn’t be afraid to show ads or monetize using them.
- [03:20] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe!
- [03:42] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...