In Episode #263, Eric and Neil discuss what boosting a Facebook post actually does. Tune in to learn the benefits of boosting a Facebook post, whether it’s right for your company, and how to bank off that increase of traffic and engagement.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Boosting a Facebook Post Actually Does
- 00:40 – Eric gets more emails when they boost a post
- 00:55 – Boosting a post makes it easier for Eric to test new content
- 01:13 – Eric is more interested in collecting more email addresses when he boosts a post
- 01:34 – Initially, boosting a post results in more engagement; then, you try to see if you can collect more emails from the CPA and from there, see if you can make an ad campaign from it
- 01:47 – Neil isn’t fond of the idea of boosting Facebook posts and would rather buy friends
- 01:55 – If you’re boosting a post, make sure your post has an email capture
- 02:21 – If you’re going to spend money on Facebook, spend it going to a landing page or getting more fans
- 02:36 – Neil hates the concept of boosting a post, but has seen it successfully done
- 03:00 – Eric has done live videos in the past and would boost to their live audience, then retarget them
- 03:15 – At the end of the day, it is figuring out what works for you
- 03:54 – The value of Facebook Live has grown a lot
- 04:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The goal of boosting a post is to grow your audience and increase that engagement with your content.
- You spend money to increase your Facebook presence, so make sure you are also leading your audience to your website.
- Find out what works best for you and suits you well – tests are invaluable for finding this out.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....