In Episode #210, Eric and Neil discuss what a private blog network (PBN) is and its usefulness. Tune in to learn why you should avoid PBNs as well as the alternatives that you can use in the SEO space to grow your following.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Is a PBN?
- 00:35 – A PBN is a private blog network that can be used to make your SEO more effective
- 01:16 – Build My Rank is one of the most popular blog networks
- 01:27 – People thought blog networks wouldn’t leave a footprint on their website, but Google found them
- 01:42 – PBN still works, but is not recommended
- 01:58 – PBN is not a good viable solution for the long-term
- 02:08 – Focus on creating amazing sites with amazing content
- 02:36 – ViperChill has a blog regarding the effectivity of PBNs
- 03:21 – The typical PBNs price
- 04:25 – Use a blog network, like SitePoint
- 05:03 – “Try avoiding PBNs at all cost”
- 05:24 – Instead, think about black hat and white hat SEO
- 05:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- PBN used to be effective, but Google can track websites using PBN and “de-index” them.
- PBN is not a good viable solution for long-term – it’s best to avoid it.
- Create your own blog network with valuable content that will gradually attract and build an audience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...