In Episode #164, Eric and Neil discuss what account-based marketing is and how to leverage it. Account-based marketing is a new term for an old, tried and true practice for marketers. Tune in to find out more about account-based marketing and the leads that deserve your attention.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Account-Based Marketing Is and How You Can Leverage It
- 00:36 – Account-based marketing makes you identify ideal prospects ahead of time
- 01:15 – Have an inbound SDR to look at the exact leads
- 01:33 – Infer is a software solution that can help determine which leads are your most valuable leads
- 02:54 – You can spend your marketing effort towards responding and entertaining leads
- 03:16 – The cost of Infer depends on your size
- 03:24 – Lead forms work with 15-16 questions spread over a few pages
- 04:06 – Apple Market Fetch works for people who use Slack and it can scrape the web to find qualified leads
- 04:44 – Clearbit will show you information of people in your list
- 05:12 – Funnelholic’s experience with account-based marketing
- 05:44 – You don’t need quantity to make money—you need qualified leads
- 06:24 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Account-based marketing is becoming more common, even though it’s been around for years.
- Start with 2 questions on your lead form, then gradually ask more detailed questions to get people to respond.
- Focus on QUALITY leads—not the number of leads.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...