In Episode #410, Eric and Neil discuss the bones of an advertorial and how you can use them to grow your business. Tune in to learn the characteristics of an effective advertorial and the websites that will market your advertorial for you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Is an Advertorial (And How Can You Use Them)?
- 00:38 – Affiliate marketers usually run advertorial from their microsites
- 00:45 – Microsites can be a new blog
- 00:50 – The blog post can be about a story
- 01:00 – An advertorial is like a story or editorial with an ad in it
- 01:13 – An advertorial piece should be well written and trigger people’s emotions
- 01:31 – Eric shares a bed bug example of an advertorial
- 01:53 – Affiliate marketers put domains right into their advertorial
- 02:20 – In an advertorial, you integrate the solution and explain why it is the best solution
- 02:38 – Most advertorials from Facebook drive the most traffic
- 02:50 – Taboola and Outbrain can be options, but be careful using these platforms
- 03:22 – Think about the long game
- 03:31 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:11 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:25 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create an advertorial that is educational and evoke people’s emotions.
- Links are inserted right into an advertorial—making it easy for readers access and buy your solution.
- Be careful about where you link your advertorial; keep the long-term game in mind.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2566, we turn our attention to a groundbreaking phenomenon: how YouTube creator Deestroying is challenging traditional football norms. In this episode, we dissect the strategies and innova...
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...