In Episode #410, Eric and Neil discuss the bones of an advertorial and how you can use them to grow your business. Tune in to learn the characteristics of an effective advertorial and the websites that will market your advertorial for you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Is an Advertorial (And How Can You Use Them)?
- 00:38 – Affiliate marketers usually run advertorial from their microsites
- 00:45 – Microsites can be a new blog
- 00:50 – The blog post can be about a story
- 01:00 – An advertorial is like a story or editorial with an ad in it
- 01:13 – An advertorial piece should be well written and trigger people’s emotions
- 01:31 – Eric shares a bed bug example of an advertorial
- 01:53 – Affiliate marketers put domains right into their advertorial
- 02:20 – In an advertorial, you integrate the solution and explain why it is the best solution
- 02:38 – Most advertorials from Facebook drive the most traffic
- 02:50 – Taboola and Outbrain can be options, but be careful using these platforms
- 03:22 – Think about the long game
- 03:31 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:11 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:25 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create an advertorial that is educational and evoke people’s emotions.
- Links are inserted right into an advertorial—making it easy for readers access and buy your solution.
- Be careful about where you link your advertorial; keep the long-term game in mind.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...