In Episode #379, Eric and Neil discuss what link blending is and how to do it fast. Tune in to learn how to execute link blending as a part of your process for boosting your rank. You’ll learn just what it takes to be in a “good neighborhood” with others who have similar content and keywords as you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Is Link Blending (and How To Do It Fast)
- 00:39 – Eric shares how his friendship with Neil started
- 00:41 – Eric was just starting when Neil wrote a post about link blending
- 00:45 – Since Eric didn’t understand what Neil’s post was about, Eric reached out to Neil to ask more questions about link blending
- 01:01 – Link blending is when someone links out to you, like a Wikipedia article for example, and ranks for the keyword you want to rank for
- 01:12 – Then, they will link to someone who is in the top 20 for the keyword that you want to rank for without using an anchor text for other links—Google will read that you’re in a good neighborhood
- 01:33 – It’s easier to control link blending if you’re building links through black hat ways
- 01:39 – In link blending, you should know who’s linking to your competitors that are at the top
- 01:43 – If you build links to those sites, you’ll be in a good neighborhood
- 01:51 – Your ranking will grow faster
- 01:53 – If someone is already ranking for your keyword and links to you from their page, your rankings will go up because your content is similar
- 02:03 – Link blending is a way to make sure you’re in a good neighborhood and your links are relevant
- 02:15 – There’s a template that needs to be followed in guest posting
- 02:48 – There’s a lot of link blending happening with guest posting in big publications
- 03:17 – Link blending is a process that is good to have on your checklist
- 03:34 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:59 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Link blending is about being in a good neighborhood with sites that have relevant content who also rank well.
- Guest posting helps with link blending, but there’s a template or process that needs to be made and followed.
- Link blending is a process that is good to have on your checklist.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...