In Episode #379, Eric and Neil discuss what link blending is and how to do it fast. Tune in to learn how to execute link blending as a part of your process for boosting your rank. You’ll learn just what it takes to be in a “good neighborhood” with others who have similar content and keywords as you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Is Link Blending (and How To Do It Fast)
- 00:39 – Eric shares how his friendship with Neil started
- 00:41 – Eric was just starting when Neil wrote a post about link blending
- 00:45 – Since Eric didn’t understand what Neil’s post was about, Eric reached out to Neil to ask more questions about link blending
- 01:01 – Link blending is when someone links out to you, like a Wikipedia article for example, and ranks for the keyword you want to rank for
- 01:12 – Then, they will link to someone who is in the top 20 for the keyword that you want to rank for without using an anchor text for other links—Google will read that you’re in a good neighborhood
- 01:33 – It’s easier to control link blending if you’re building links through black hat ways
- 01:39 – In link blending, you should know who’s linking to your competitors that are at the top
- 01:43 – If you build links to those sites, you’ll be in a good neighborhood
- 01:51 – Your ranking will grow faster
- 01:53 – If someone is already ranking for your keyword and links to you from their page, your rankings will go up because your content is similar
- 02:03 – Link blending is a way to make sure you’re in a good neighborhood and your links are relevant
- 02:15 – There’s a template that needs to be followed in guest posting
- 02:48 – There’s a lot of link blending happening with guest posting in big publications
- 03:17 – Link blending is a process that is good to have on your checklist
- 03:34 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:59 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Link blending is about being in a good neighborhood with sites that have relevant content who also rank well.
- Guest posting helps with link blending, but there’s a template or process that needs to be made and followed.
- Link blending is a process that is good to have on your checklist.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Humphrey Yang discusses the financial challenges faced by younger generations and offers insights on building wealth. He highlights the significance of saving and investing, recommending a focus on in...
In episode #2687, Eric Siu, Ralph Burns, Kasim Aslam, and Neil Patel discuss various strategies and insights related to AI in marketing. They share their experiences and highlight what has been workin...
In episode #2686, we delve into the issue of political bias in Google News and its implications on the information people consume. We refer to a study conducted by AllSides, revealing that 61% of the ...