In Episode #318, Eric and Neil discuss what SMS marketing is. Tune in to learn how you can optimize your SMS campaigns and increase those open rates! Eric and Neil also discuss what NOT to do when it comes to SMS.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Is SMS Marketing (and How You Can Leverage It)
- 00:42 – SMS stands for Short Method Service
- 01:07 – If someone opts in to your email list and you’re able to get his number, send them a message
- 01:12 – Open rates for text messages are higher
- 01:47 – Neil uses SMS for reminders with their marketing campaigns
- 02:15 – Neil sends SMS reminders for his webinars
- 02:56 – Events should have people asking for attendees’ phone numbers
- 03:38 – When you’re closing a deal, send them a SMS and give them a little value
- 04:11 – When you have leads coming to your site or from WordPress, the details can push them through Zapier then Twilio
- 04:40 – You can do immediate action depending on the lead’s budget
- 05:24 – Call Loop can help you send SMS back and forth
- 06:03 – Tatango is what Neil uses, too
- 06:18 – Don’t be spammy in sending SMS; be respectful!
- 06:51 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- SMS can be sent out as a reminder for your customers for marketing campaigns or webinars.
- Be responsible and respectful in your SMS campaigns—do NOT be spammy.
- Leverage SMS marketing and provide value for your customers to increase those open rates.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...