In episode #671, Eric and Neil discuss which A/B you should run to improve your sales. Tune in to hear what will help you up your conversions.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Kind of A/B Tests Should You Run to Improve Your Sales
- [00:40] Add pop-ups to your site!
- [00:42] You can use tools like Opt-in Monster, Sumo, and HelloBar to do this.
- [00:52] From there, you just try to drive people to a conversion.
- [01:08] Headlines and copy affect conversions more than most things.
- [01:20] Get on the phone with your customers and ask what got them on board.
- [01:35] You’ll find people will say a lot of the same things.
- [01:39] Take what worked and incorporate it into your headlines and copy.
- [01:53] You need to make sure your copy is cohesive throughout your site.
- [02:00] Urgency is key. Have deadlines.
- [02:09] Use Deadline Funnel to create a countdown.
- [02:17] When something seems limited, it makes it more appealing.
- [02:30] The final email you send out before the deal expires is usually what gets the most conversions.
- [02:45] Having all your form fields on one page can be overwhelming. Break your checkout process into a couple or a few parts.
- [03:07] Conversions will go up by at least 9%.
- [03:22] Test your pricing every now and again.
- [03:25] BugSnag changed their pricing several times during their first year in business.
- [03:47] When doing customer development, ask them what prices are deal breakers.
- [04:03] Play around with button color, text size, and images. These things don’t necessarily affect conversion as much as people say, but it counts as content.
- [04:25] When people aren’t buying, Neil surveys them to see what didn’t work.
- [04:35] Do a remarketing campaign addressing these negatives (maybe using video).
- [04:54] Also run a test using the video.
- [05:04] Try short-form vs. long-form copy and see what performs better.
- [05:30] Optimize your ads.
- [05:40] On Facebook, add video and a lot of text content.
- [05:56] The conversion rate goes through the roof.
- [06:07] Test out freemium, free trials, etc.
- [06:37] That’s it for today!
- [06:41] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...