In Episode #72 Eric and Neil discuss they type of content you should be publishing on LinkedIn. Listen as they tackle post-strategy for target audiences, the benefits of posting directly to LinkedIn, the metrics LinkedIn offers, and why you need a personal blog to supplement whatever you post on LinkedIn.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Today’s topic: What kind of content should you publish on LinkedIn?
- 00:45 – LinkedIn built up an organic traffic base
- 00:50 – Benefits of being able to publish on LinkedIn
- 01:12 – Posts rank on Google
- 01:29 – Eric syndicates his posts on LinkedIn
- 01:44 – The more content Neil posts on LinkedIn, the more contact requests he gets
- 02:02 – More contact requests results in more business inquiries
- 02:30 – Posting same content from your blog to LinkedIn doesn’t do as well as unique content
- 03:12 – Add your sites and projects to your LinkedIn profile
- 04:00 – Metrics on LinkedIn posts
- 05:06 – Writing specific, tailored content performs the best
- 05:57 – Google’s duplicate content vs syndicating on LinkedIn
- 06:56 – Blogging on LinkedIn doesn’t mean you don’t need a personal blog
3 Key Points:
- LinkedIn is has evolved from a nifty social media platform for professionals, into a networking juggernaut.
- Utilize LinkedIn for content–it ranks on Google too!
- Unique content does better than posting syndicated content.
- LinkedIn – A social networking service where you can publish content
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...