In Episode #463, Eric and Neil discuss what makes the brand special. Tune in to learn how the big brands become a permanent mark in people’s homes and memories. Eric and Neil discuss how you, too, can make this impression on your customers.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Makes a Brand Special?
- 00:35 – Eric shares what makes the iPhone special
- 00:55 – A brand becomes special when it can make those special connections with their audience
- 01:10 – Everybody has a different story for Coca-Cola—this shows how the product touches people’s lives
- 01:51 – The easiest way to find what can make your brand special is by looking at what your competitors are doing
- 01:58 – Do what your competitors are NOT doing, as long as it won’t hurt your brand
- 02:13 – Branding is important
- 02:21 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:33 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 02:40 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Connecting with one’s audience is what makes a brand special.
- A brand becomes special once people can share their own stories with their experience with it—it could even be a part of their lives growing up.
- Leverage what your competitors are NOT doing and take advantage of it.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...