In Episode #463, Eric and Neil discuss what makes the brand special. Tune in to learn how the big brands become a permanent mark in people’s homes and memories. Eric and Neil discuss how you, too, can make this impression on your customers.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Makes a Brand Special?
- 00:35 – Eric shares what makes the iPhone special
- 00:55 – A brand becomes special when it can make those special connections with their audience
- 01:10 – Everybody has a different story for Coca-Cola—this shows how the product touches people’s lives
- 01:51 – The easiest way to find what can make your brand special is by looking at what your competitors are doing
- 01:58 – Do what your competitors are NOT doing, as long as it won’t hurt your brand
- 02:13 – Branding is important
- 02:21 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:33 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 02:40 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Connecting with one’s audience is what makes a brand special.
- A brand becomes special once people can share their own stories with their experience with it—it could even be a part of their lives growing up.
- Leverage what your competitors are NOT doing and take advantage of it.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...