In Episode #101 Eric and Neil talk about what components make a quality infographic. Listen to learn about how you can make your own infographic and how you can ensure that it delivers your post’s message.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: What makes a quality infographic
- 00:36 – Kissmetrics’ portfolio of infographics
- 00:50 – It’s not just the imagery
- 01:14 – Number 1: Have the right statistics
- 01:18 – Number 2: Make sure your topic is really good
- 02:02 – If you can show complex data sets, you’ll do well
- 02:10 – Number 3: Keep the infographic concise
- 02:22 – Number 4: Make sure it story flows well
- 03:08 – Number 5: Have a great design
- 03:42 – Number 6: Make sure your colors are NOT crazy
- 04:17 – Put an embed code generator at the bottom
- 04:22 – For WordPress, it’s Embed Code Generator
- 04:28 – Number 7: Write the RIGHT headline
- 04:41 – Check CopyBlogger for creating headlines
- 04:48 – Number 7: Add text to the page where the infographic is
- 05:30 – Make sure the image is in full size and it works on mobile
- 05:48 – Be creative!
- 06:07 – GIFographics
- 06:08 – KlientBoost has a good example of PPC
- 06:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Having infographics is not just about the imagery, it’s also about statistics and your message.
- Visual content doesn’t guarantee success.
- Don’t forget to add text on the page where your infographic is – Google can’t read images.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...