In Episode #101 Eric and Neil talk about what components make a quality infographic. Listen to learn about how you can make your own infographic and how you can ensure that it delivers your post’s message.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: What makes a quality infographic
- 00:36 – Kissmetrics’ portfolio of infographics
- 00:50 – It’s not just the imagery
- 01:14 – Number 1: Have the right statistics
- 01:18 – Number 2: Make sure your topic is really good
- 02:02 – If you can show complex data sets, you’ll do well
- 02:10 – Number 3: Keep the infographic concise
- 02:22 – Number 4: Make sure it story flows well
- 03:08 – Number 5: Have a great design
- 03:42 – Number 6: Make sure your colors are NOT crazy
- 04:17 – Put an embed code generator at the bottom
- 04:22 – For WordPress, it’s Embed Code Generator
- 04:28 – Number 7: Write the RIGHT headline
- 04:41 – Check CopyBlogger for creating headlines
- 04:48 – Number 7: Add text to the page where the infographic is
- 05:30 – Make sure the image is in full size and it works on mobile
- 05:48 – Be creative!
- 06:07 – GIFographics
- 06:08 – KlientBoost has a good example of PPC
- 06:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Having infographics is not just about the imagery, it’s also about statistics and your message.
- Visual content doesn’t guarantee success.
- Don’t forget to add text on the page where your infographic is – Google can’t read images.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2352, the focus is on tips and tactics for mastering influencer marketing. Neil and Eric discuss the do’s and don’ts of influencer marketing and share some valuable tools that you can ...
In episode #2351, you’ll hear top tips for how to get more newsletter subscribers in 2023. If you think that email is dead, think again because email marketing is one of the most effective ways to g...
In episode #2350, Neil and Eric delve into 5 evergreen SEO tactics that just work! If you want to improve your SEO rankings, this episode covers 5 tactics (plus a bonus one right at the end) that will...