In Episode #296, Eric and Neil discuss the marketing tactics you should do regardless of ROI. Tune in to learn why Neil’s biggest tactic is to focus his energy on everything to do with branding and how helping others and fostering an attitude of goodwill is building for long-term relationships AND success.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Marketing Tactics You Should Do Regardless of ROI
- 00:36 – The biggest tactic that Neil loves is doing anything with branding
- 00:44 – Everyone in marketing thinks about ROI, but you don’t need an ROI for everything
- 01:20 – Branding is what causes your company and business to be on top of people’s minds
- 01:25 – “Having a big brand is amazing and you have to strive to have that”
- 01:47 – People are always giving unsolicited advice
- 02:07 – When Eric receives comments, he knows that he is on the right track
- 02:29 – “Just stick with things when you know that you’re on the right track”
- 02:37 – Neil likes helping people
- 02:46 – “I believe it creates goodwill”
- 02:49 – Neil doesn’t want to make money out of it and just wants to help people
- 03:21 – This year, Eric started with his monthly dinner and happy hour and he hasn’t gotten any ROI; he also doesn’t care
- 03:34 – Eric’s ROI is being able to connect people together
- 03:56 – When you do things without thinking about ROI, it is for long term and the results are better
- 04:22 – Marketing School is giving away a free subscription to FunnelDash which helps you track the lifetime ROI of your Facebook campaigns
- 04:42 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:46 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:06 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- When go far and beyond the call in helping people, it will create loyalty which will eventually convert people into customers.
- It’s not always about ROI—sometimes it’s good to just help others and create that sense of connection and goodwill.
- Branding is what makes people want to buy and it’s a long term process.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2143, Neil and Eric unpack how big tech companies are laying people off right now and whether it’s a sign of things to come. Tuning in you’ll learn about the companies that are current...
In episode #2142, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire content creators (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) Influencer prices have gone up by staggering amounts and you may not be able to afford the on...
In episode #2141, Neil and Eric talk about their weird habits that triple productivity. Learn why Neil doesn’t go to bed without having read all his emails, even if he’s traveling, and why he does...