In episode #553, Eric and Neil reveal some important things that big agencies won’t tell you. Tune in to hear what you should know before signing on to work with a major marketing agency.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Most Marketing Agencies Won’t Tell You
- [00:37] There are good and bad clients.
- [00:45] They measure this using the labor efficiency ratio.
- [01:04] When the whales are profitable, you are going to spend more time on that client.
- [01:24] Most agencies are pitching a dream, but they aren’t always able to deliver.
- [02:10] When you go to Chipotle or Taco Bell, you’re expecting the same thing every time.
- [02:20] When you have an agency with hundreds of clients, you are looking to deliver the same experience every time, to everyone.
- [02:32] Eric recommends that you actually have an in-house marketing person to have a laser focus on your goals.
- [03:12] Maybe start with an agency, then hire someone full-time, then consider using an agency again.
- [03:32] When you are starting out, you say “yes” to everything simply because you need to earn revenue.
- [03:40] When you’re established, you can be a lot more selective.
- [03:53] Eric feels the quality of his work suffered when he was doing every aspect of marketing and was trying to deliver on things that weren’t his or his agency’s strengths.
- [04:34] The quality of paid ads and SEO is better now, because he isn’t spread so thin.
- [04:56] People on Eric’s team want to add services, but he’s trying to temper that.
- [05:22] When working with an agency, you have to ask them what their strengths are.
- [06:04] You only want to work with people on things that they are good at.
- [06:22] Full-service agencies are big, brand names, with great revenue, but the quality suffered because they couldn’t possibly specialize in anything.
- [07:00] That’s it for Today!
- [07:04] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
- [07:09] Tweet at Eric @Ericosiu and let him know if you want them to curate their podcast content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
The Difference Between Audience VS Community...
The Genius Growth Strategy of Logan Paul and Charli D’Amelio...