In Episode #411, Eric and Neil discuss what they do for content promotion. Tune in to learn why your competitors in the same space are actually your allies. You’ll also find out the tools that Eric and Neil have leveraged to promote their content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Neil and Eric Do for Content Promotion
- 00:35 – Neil isn’t currently doing any content promotion but he used to
- 00:47 – Neil suggests finding other bloggers in your space to ask them to promote your blog
- 01:00 – You can pay them and have them send traffic to a landing page that has an ebook, download or giveaway
- 01:14 – Add social sharing icons to your blog post page
- 01:21 – Neil also emails the people who shares his competitor’s article
- 01:25 – Go to BuzzSumo to find who shared your competitor’s post
- 02:17 – Eric uses Wavve to share audio clips on social media
- 02:54 – Eric and Neil promotes their content on LinkedIn by writing 2-3 sentences and adding a link to the actual post
- 03:20 – If you link out to someone on your blog post, email them telling them that you love what they’re doing, that you linked out to them and to check out your blog post
- 03:43 – The response for this is high
- 04:18 – You can repost your blog post on Medium where you can increase your reach
- 04:58 – Eric also targets emails that are cheaper
- 05:04 – Facebook is a good way to build your audience
- 05:22 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 06:04 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 06:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Not everyone in your field are your competitors, find a way to mutually benefit from one another, linking out to each other’s blogs.
- LinkedIn drives a lot of traffic, so take advantage of it—promote your content with a link to your page.
- Facebook is always a good place to promote your content and build your audience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...