In Episode #411, Eric and Neil discuss what they do for content promotion. Tune in to learn why your competitors in the same space are actually your allies. You’ll also find out the tools that Eric and Neil have leveraged to promote their content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Neil and Eric Do for Content Promotion
- 00:35 – Neil isn’t currently doing any content promotion but he used to
- 00:47 – Neil suggests finding other bloggers in your space to ask them to promote your blog
- 01:00 – You can pay them and have them send traffic to a landing page that has an ebook, download or giveaway
- 01:14 – Add social sharing icons to your blog post page
- 01:21 – Neil also emails the people who shares his competitor’s article
- 01:25 – Go to BuzzSumo to find who shared your competitor’s post
- 02:17 – Eric uses Wavve to share audio clips on social media
- 02:54 – Eric and Neil promotes their content on LinkedIn by writing 2-3 sentences and adding a link to the actual post
- 03:20 – If you link out to someone on your blog post, email them telling them that you love what they’re doing, that you linked out to them and to check out your blog post
- 03:43 – The response for this is high
- 04:18 – You can repost your blog post on Medium where you can increase your reach
- 04:58 – Eric also targets emails that are cheaper
- 05:04 – Facebook is a good way to build your audience
- 05:22 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 06:04 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 06:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Not everyone in your field are your competitors, find a way to mutually benefit from one another, linking out to each other’s blogs.
- LinkedIn drives a lot of traffic, so take advantage of it—promote your content with a link to your page.
- Facebook is always a good place to promote your content and build your audience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...
Neil and Eric talk about what you can learn from American football coach Deion Sanders on brand building and influencer marketing TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...