In Episode #466, Eric and Neil discuss what they think about affiliate marketing. Tune in to learn the pros and cons of affiliate marketing and why both Eric and Neil LOVE it.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Neil & Eric Think About Affiliate Marketing
- 00:35 – In general, Eric thinks that you are at a disadvantage if you start with affiliate marketing early
- 00:40 – You’re collecting a percentage of the sales, so you need to perform up to 5x times better than the advertisers
- 00:53 – Having a service or building a product is better/easier
- 01:11 – Neil loves affiliate marketing
- 01:28 – Neil would love affiliate people to work for him
- 01:38 – They figure out ways to make things happen
- 01:45 – Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to learn about the market
- 02:12 – Eric loves affiliate marketers, but thinks of the long-term
- 02:25 – Check out affiliate marketer conferences and network
- 02:36 – There’s the Affiliate Summit and Affiliate World to name a few
- 02:53 – Going to black hat SEO sites will let you know what people are up to
- 03:20 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:32 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 03:38 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Getting into affiliate marketing will push you to perform better than the advertisers.
- Affiliate marketers figure out ways to make things happen and are always learning.
- Learning black hat SEO and doing it the white hat way can make you a better affiliate marketer.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....