In episode #1283, we talk about what Neil learned buying a blog for 500k! A while ago, Neil bought his Kissmetrics blog back from the investors as a marketing move for his own website. Listen in to hear about the process, the reasons for the acquisition and the lessons he learned.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What Neil Learned Buying a Blog for 500k.
- [00:40] The blog that Neil bought and why.
- [01:07] Neil’s thoughts around buying the blog back from investors after it tanked.
- [02:46] The response that the investors had to Neil’s offer.
- [03:07] The marketing learnings from the acquisition about merging, cleaning and drop-off.
- [03:58] Neil’s integration period and the process of migration.
- [04:49] What the company and investors did after the acquisition.
- [05:12] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...