In episode #1283, we talk about what Neil learned buying a blog for 500k! A while ago, Neil bought his Kissmetrics blog back from the investors as a marketing move for his own website. Listen in to hear about the process, the reasons for the acquisition and the lessons he learned.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What Neil Learned Buying a Blog for 500k.
- [00:40] The blog that Neil bought and why.
- [01:07] Neil’s thoughts around buying the blog back from investors after it tanked.
- [02:46] The response that the investors had to Neil’s offer.
- [03:07] The marketing learnings from the acquisition about merging, cleaning and drop-off.
- [03:58] Neil’s integration period and the process of migration.
- [04:49] What the company and investors did after the acquisition.
- [05:12] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...