In episode #1283, we talk about what Neil learned buying a blog for 500k! A while ago, Neil bought his Kissmetrics blog back from the investors as a marketing move for his own website. Listen in to hear about the process, the reasons for the acquisition and the lessons he learned.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What Neil Learned Buying a Blog for 500k.
- [00:40] The blog that Neil bought and why.
- [01:07] Neil’s thoughts around buying the blog back from investors after it tanked.
- [02:46] The response that the investors had to Neil’s offer.
- [03:07] The marketing learnings from the acquisition about merging, cleaning and drop-off.
- [03:58] Neil’s integration period and the process of migration.
- [04:49] What the company and investors did after the acquisition.
- [05:12] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...