In Episode #341, Eric and Neil discuss which pages on your site you should consider no-indexing. Tune in to learn what pages on your website are the BEST candidates for no-indexing and how no-indexing pages can affect your crawl budget for the better.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Pages on Your Site Should You Consider No-Indexing?
- 00:38 – No-indexing is putting a code within your HTML that tells Google not to index the page
- 01:23 – Indexing a page can control your crawl budget
- 01:41 – You want to take your low-quality content to no-index
- 01:54 – Neil takes the pages that are not getting much traffic
- 02:00 – Neil takes them from Google Analytics that has less than 100 visitors from a search
- 02:30 – For e-commerce, you can consider no-indexing search pages
- 02:40 – Look at your Google Analytics to know which page to cut out
- 02:55 – Eric thinks that the category page isn’t useful and should be no-index
- 03:20 – No-index your paginated results
- 03:30 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Drip which is an email automation tool
- 04:12 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- No-index the pages that are not creating traffic for your website.
- Checking your Google analytics can help you analyze which pages are supposed to be on no-index.
- Indexing pages can control your crawl budget.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Syed Balkhi and Eric Siu discuss the power of compounding and the importance of maintaining friendships with other high performers. Syed shares his philosophy of giving unconditionally and compounding...
In episode #2682, we discuss the impact of OpenAI's Sora on the marketing and business world. We highlight the significant loss in market cap experienced by Adobe stock after the announcement of Sora....
In episode #2681 of Marketing School, hosts Eric Siu, Neil Patel, and Ralph Burns along with Kasim Aslam from the Perpetual Traffic podcast delve into the future of agencies and the evolving landscape...