In Episode #424, Eric and Neil discuss what part of your funnel you should focus on. Tune in to learn the different parts of a funnel, how to find your weakness, and the actions you can take to make sure your funnel is running (and converting) smoothly.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Part of Your Funnel Should You Focus On?
- 00:40 – Top of the Funnel (ToFu): the traffic that you’re trying to target; which is usually a much larger audience
- 00:48 – Middle of the Funnel (MoFu): people who have viewed your website or availed of your services
- 01:02 – Bottom of the Funnel (BoFu): returning customers or those who are close to purchasing
- 01:24 – If you don’t have a lot of visitors, focus on the top of the funnel
- 01:27 – If you have a lot of visitors but don’t have much conversion, work on your analytics to see where the drop off is—it’s either the middle or bottom of the funnel
- 02:12 – Eric shares an experiment of how they bring people through an entire funnel
- 02:16 – Eric did a case study for SaaS companies
- 02:45 – When you bring people through the funnel, the journey needs to be consistent
- 03:05 – The journey is a story as well
- 03;19 – Digital Marketer and Chris Von Wilpert have some good points on funnels
- 04:06 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:15 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Figure out the part of your funnel where people fall off, then create a strategy to improve your performance.
- Employ tests or experiments to make sure you’re on the right track.
- Create a consistent journey for your funnel.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...