In Episode #424, Eric and Neil discuss what part of your funnel you should focus on. Tune in to learn the different parts of a funnel, how to find your weakness, and the actions you can take to make sure your funnel is running (and converting) smoothly.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Part of Your Funnel Should You Focus On?
- 00:40 – Top of the Funnel (ToFu): the traffic that you’re trying to target; which is usually a much larger audience
- 00:48 – Middle of the Funnel (MoFu): people who have viewed your website or availed of your services
- 01:02 – Bottom of the Funnel (BoFu): returning customers or those who are close to purchasing
- 01:24 – If you don’t have a lot of visitors, focus on the top of the funnel
- 01:27 – If you have a lot of visitors but don’t have much conversion, work on your analytics to see where the drop off is—it’s either the middle or bottom of the funnel
- 02:12 – Eric shares an experiment of how they bring people through an entire funnel
- 02:16 – Eric did a case study for SaaS companies
- 02:45 – When you bring people through the funnel, the journey needs to be consistent
- 03:05 – The journey is a story as well
- 03;19 – Digital Marketer and Chris Von Wilpert have some good points on funnels
- 04:06 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:15 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Figure out the part of your funnel where people fall off, then create a strategy to improve your performance.
- Employ tests or experiments to make sure you’re on the right track.
- Create a consistent journey for your funnel.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...