In Episode #424, Eric and Neil discuss what part of your funnel you should focus on. Tune in to learn the different parts of a funnel, how to find your weakness, and the actions you can take to make sure your funnel is running (and converting) smoothly.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Part of Your Funnel Should You Focus On?
- 00:40 – Top of the Funnel (ToFu): the traffic that you’re trying to target; which is usually a much larger audience
- 00:48 – Middle of the Funnel (MoFu): people who have viewed your website or availed of your services
- 01:02 – Bottom of the Funnel (BoFu): returning customers or those who are close to purchasing
- 01:24 – If you don’t have a lot of visitors, focus on the top of the funnel
- 01:27 – If you have a lot of visitors but don’t have much conversion, work on your analytics to see where the drop off is—it’s either the middle or bottom of the funnel
- 01:43 – You can check it out using Mixpanel and/or Kissmetrics
- 01:50 – Focus on optimizing that part by doing A/B testing or surveys
- 02:12 – Eric shares an experiment of how they bring people through an entire funnel
- 02:16 – Eric did a case study for SaaS companies
- 02:45 – When you bring people through the funnel, the journey needs to be consistent
- 03:05 – The journey is a story as well
- 03;19 – Digital Marketer and Chris Von Wilpert have some good points on funnels
- 04:06 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:15 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Figure out the part of your funnel where people fall off, then create a strategy to improve your performance.
- Employ tests or experiments to make sure you’re on the right track.
- Create a consistent journey for your funnel.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...