In episode #770, Eric and Neil discuss what percentage of your links should point to your homepage. Tune in to hear if there is a magical percentage that will help your homepage rank higher.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Percent of Your Links Should Point to Your Homepage
- [00:40] Eric and Neil don’t know what percentage of their links lead to their homepages.
- [01:04] It doesn’t always make sense to link something back to your homepage.
- [01:26] Your homepage won’t convert as well as other pages, so it’s important to use it to discuss your products and services and make pages that are about the specifics of your offerings.
- [02:03] There’s no magic percentage that works the best.
- [02:25] Look at your metrics and determine the right percentage for yourself.
- [03:03] Even if your homepage converts well, you can’t rank your homepage for a bunch of terms.
- [03:22] Just focus on internal pages.
- [03:32] If you already have a lot of links to your homepage, pick the main pages that you want to rank higher and link to those.
- [04:25] Be careful with your anchor text. Make it flow naturally.
- [04:37] That’s it for today!
- [04:40] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #930, we discuss how to use Amazon for content and product development. Tune in to hear how you can use reviews to your advantage....
In episode #929, we discuss whether you should rebrand your logo. Tune in to hear if a rebranding is worth the trouble....